Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pedals!

ireid

Never having owned a 993 I'm wondering this: the pedals are extremely close together to the extent that I can imagine the edge of your right shoe will often catch the footplate of the clutch pedal when you are lifting off the accelerator. Is this a problem people experience much? Do people find that adapt to the closeness of the pedals and soon forget about it??

Pedals

I preferred a tiptronic for that reason, not that I wear size 13s' and my other car is an auto, however I did find the drivers footwell in the manual car tight. No doubt in time an owner will get used to it.

You must have REALLY wide feet if your right foot can touch the clutch pedal while on the accelerator :grin:

I find all Porsche pedal boxes quite small really, so tend to wear driving shoes or very narrow soled trainers for driving them, it helps with heal and toeing too :thumb:

pedals

Size 10's and it's not a problem but I have yet to drive it in my Tackety Bits :thumb:

Size 12 Adidas dragons are my preferred for my 997 pedals.

Size 11's and have driven in trainers, boots, flip flops etc. Nothing has been an issue.

C.

ireid said:
Never having owned a 993 I'm wondering this: the pedals are extremely close together to the extent that I can imagine the edge of your right shoe will often catch the footplate of the clutch pedal when you are lifting off the accelerator. Is this a problem people experience much? Do people find that adapt to the closeness of the pedals and soon forget about it??

This has never happened to me. :?:

Perhaps the shoes I was wearing are a particularly wide fitting!?

I am size 13 and have no problems but agree it is a bit tight.

I'm only size 10s but on a long journey I get leg ache not being able to stretch out my left leg, if I do it gets stuck behing the clutch pedal. So I removed some of the tunnel soundproofing and wear racing boots which have a narrow sole. it is a feature of the rhd cars, lhd don't have that problem and have a proper footrest. I presume the bulge in the tunnel is to accomodate the front diff on 4wd cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back