Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2013 958 Cayenne Turbo Geasrbox questions

baldguy

Hockenheim
Can anyone with a 958 Turbo comment on what I'm experiencing with my gearbox and if normal or not....
I've found the 8 speed box to be lovely and smooth with changes when getting up to speed but low down speed and in sport mode it is very "bouncy" and in London traffic, the start stop is always "clonky"
Is this normal as I've been told it may need a software upgrade by another 958 Turbo owner

Cheers for any help and advice....

agree, with that in traffic, sport model can be like what you've described as it's running typically a gear lower or 2 gears lower in Sport Plus

I do prefer the more precise throttle response from sport but in traffic it's not the right mode for comfort

Stop Start, shouldnt have too many issues with this, normally quite smooth

Currently at Reading OPC having a new Transfer box fitted!

Exactly what I asked and what they said RP... the PDK in my Turbo was far superior although I had a solenoid fault which cost 1k to put right... after that a great box... the 7 speed Merc box in my daily is utter shxt... it's gearbox month for me as I'm awaiting an electtroplate for that which is made for the car/VIN... so a few weeks wait....

Just got it back and it's so much different... drives so much smoother and picks up better.... as weird as it sounds a different car....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back