Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Oil Separator change

Martin996RSR said:
I did mine a couple of years ago ('98 C2) and it was a horrific job. I didn't drop the engine or the gearbox and I wish I had. If it ever needs doing again then I'll be taking it to an indy. I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about that job.

:floor: we should start an AOS survivors support group.

Better to spend a weekend dropping and refitting the engine then 8 solid hours of pure frustration trying to get those $£@% %^&@ pipes back on cursing the day you bought a 911. I've only ever considered setting the thing on fire once in my life and that is when I found I had an air leak from one of the pipes after stitching it all back up.

At least you feel will like you achieved something. Theres LOADs of other stuff you have access to with the engine dropped that you can inspect / attend to if you plan to keep the car long term.

My AOS was replaced at Northway just about a year ago, as it's a 2002 manual C2 they just had to drop the gearbox and it gave them a chance to check the clutch etc which was all fine, the cost from memory was a little under £500 all in

For a Tip the engine and box all have to come out, for manuals just the gearbox as the AOS is positioned at the front of the engine and 'easily' accessed one the box is out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back