Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 wrapping options/colours/thoughts

That is looking superb Chris. Can't wait to see it.

MC

:thumb:

It would provide a good base for your next trip to LeMans livery.

Looks good and you're clearly having fun with it👍🏽

Inspired me to do something reversible but fun on mine!!

T8 said:
It would provide a good base for your next trip to LeMans livery.

I've already had ideas about the next racing livery and it was the Salzburg livery in blue.

32028112168_64703a4f2f_c.jpg

I also think it will take the 2018 Le Mans Rothmans livery well.

Bit of an update and going over old ground but I have now completed the door mirror at the third attempt and the drivers door at the second attempt. Should hopefully be plain sailing from now on.

I'm getting more used to working the vinyl and how it need heat or not and how much to stretch or shrink it.

Going to have a good crack at it this weekend.

45175192474_c1d75de2ea_c.jpg

32028107068_70eb8fdefc_c.jpg

A couple more days and it should be complete, I have just the front and rear bumpers and both side skirts to do and then obviously fit all the parts I had removed need refitting. The bumpers may be a challenge but I will do a couple of inlays to make life easier, I may not have enough material to do both again?

45322939734_546b76924c_c.jpg

46047340121_d33ac6b2e4_c.jpg

45322957164_e695012b35_c.jpg

31108360057_3e7c27cdbf_c.jpg

I did the drivers side front wing yesterday but it split in two places, again due to the cold, it split on the edges at the top and wheel arch so I rolled out what I have left over and taking into account I still need 2.5m for the bumpers, I will have 4m left. So I have decided to do the O/S wing again, the splits are not too noticeable but I would rather have it looking as good as I can and assume this will get inspected by folk at any future meets :oops:

I also need to do the rear pop up spoiler again, for some reason I got a load of air bubbles appear after a couple of days from completing this. I have read this can be caused by the panel not being clean enough or the material being too tight and springing back up, but I also heard that the plastic can give off a gas even with paint over it, I'll do it again and see what happens, although I have obviously got to grips with this vinyl since starting the wrap and may be able to work it a little better at the second attempt?

32176351288_760f971e99_c.jpg

That is looking really good. Can't wait to see it.

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back