Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Decisions decisions

Advice taken, test driving a 2013 C2S 991 manual this afternoon

C2S. It is a purer drive and doesn't weight as much as a C4S.

A 4 wheel drive system does not give you extra grip, it gives you extra traction in extreme circumstances, and believe me, you aren't going to be getting to those limits on UK roads 95% of the time.

If you want future proof, get a manual. I do hate automatics though :)

There is a local who has a 718 Boxster with H8 MTX as the number plate. I've often wondered if it's a PDK driver.
Manual is the future btw :grin:

would a 991 3.4 PDK be an option in comparison to what i am looking for in the 997? they are around the same money with similar mileage around 2013 plate?

Rr1 said:
would a 991 3.4 PDK be an option in comparison to what i am looking for in the 997? they are around the same money with similar mileage around 2013 plate?

Absolutely.

The 35 bhp deficit would be compensated for by the lower weight (100kg if you compare it to the 997C4S).

350 bhp is enough for most people for day-to-day use on UK roads.

If you drive both I think you'll favour the newer car.

Went ahead with the first car I looked at a month ago, I kept coming back to it and managed to get it for a really good price.

Black, PASM, PCM3, PSE, memory seats, BOSE, red seat belts, embossed seats, full leather, chrono plus, PDK, full OPC history, 7 months OPC warranty remaining, 2010 with 46k miles.

Purchased new child seats today and await new reg plates and then a full paint correction and detail.

Already been stopped twice in 24 hours to comment on how nice the car is and one person asked if I was selling 15 mins after I picked it up! Didn't even entertain the idea after all this searching!

:congrats:

There's something missing from your post however.... :hand:

:welcome: to the 997 chapter!

Looks like you decided to go for the C2S... good choice!

However, as hinted by James - :useless:

Will get some pics tomorrow when it is light out. I can't post pics from my phone as they say the files are too large. Will do them on the PC

Rr1 said:
Will get some pics tomorrow when it is light out. I can't post pics from my phone as they say the files are too large. Will do them on the PC

Ive lost track! which one is this? (Postimage is easiest can do on any device, no need to register)

here you go....

probably not everyone's cup of tea but i am well pleased

Attachments

• 1_220.jpg
    1_220.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,831
  • 2_133.jpg
    2_133.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,831
:thumbs:

:welcome: to 911 ownership.

Forum statistics