Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car sounds lumpy - Advice please...

Nothing has come up on the diagnostic, I've had the coil packs changed, and mass flow sensor. Still no improvement, I'll try running it more to see if there is any improvement.

Mine have sounded dog rough recently so after a good snoop round I noticed me clamps/sleeves between cat and back boxes where weeping slightly. Noticed it when cold under inspection as the condensation was blowing bubbles round the joints, but when hot, it's not as easy to see but sounded worse.

Which silencer option did you go for? - only reason i ask is if its the switchable option and one side is switched the wrong way would make the exhausts have very different flow characteristics? There is a very noticeable difference in the switchable system on mine......

My exhaust sleeves have dropped water on every set of sleeves and exhausts I've had, including on my GT3. Even when using brand new genuine sleeves.

I've always wanted to gun gum them up but Craig is adamant they're a clean fitting. I'm going to add some paste over winter though out of interest.

As Alex says if condensation can get out then obviously air can.

Good point about checking the valves but if TG fitted them I'd expect them to be fine. :thumb:

Exactly what I did - put some assembly paste in some new sleeves and then it was finally sorted. Took me ages to actually work it out as it was intermittent depending on temperature etc. It sounded so bad that I thought I'd dropped a coil.

TopGear Exhausts said:
Hi Toddy,

Watching thread with interest. If we can help we will.

Thanks Alex, most likely the exhaust it does appear to be blowing. I've tried absolutely everything else: coil packs; mass flow sensor; filters; spark plugs; throttle cable etc.

I'll get it booked in with if you wouldn't mind looking and tweeking as necessary :thumb:

toddy2 said:
TopGear Exhausts said:
Hi Toddy,

Watching thread with interest. If we can help we will.

Thanks Alex, most likely the exhaust it does appear to be blowing. I've tried absolutely everything else: coil packs; mass flow sensor; filters; spark plugs; throttle cable etc.

I'll get it booked in with if you wouldn't mid looking and tweeking as necessary :thumb:

No problem. We'll put our thinking hats on as well. I'll be in touch shortly.

Sound bite

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back