Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gold / Bronze Wheels on a Black 996 C4s

Paint my wheels Gold / Bronze?

• Yes (you only live once!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (save up for a TP!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jamesx19 said:
How about Weiss Gold?

Definitely have a go. Worst case you can always change it back if you get tired of it....

My thinking.. quite nice getting the alloys repainted every now and then anyway. Can always go back to Silver.

Gold can look a bit much on thick spokes, I tried out a variety of bronzes and golds when painting my rims on my m3, I did a trial by buying some rattle cans of what I thought would look good, masking up the tyre and spraying a wheel off the car. When dry, bolting it back on and checking. Some of the colours I thought would be good were... Not.
Would have been gutted if I'd gone and fully refurbed the wheels something a bit different and didn't love them. They chemical strip the wheels when they refurb them so does not matter having a few coats of rattle can on them

I Ended up with a darker bronze with gold fleck in

Plasdip is another option, I've never done it but seems a good way to try something out

Darker bronze like wot Wasz posted gets my vote.

HSC911 said:
You going for it...

hqdefault.jpg

:?:

:grin:

:grin:

You just transported me back to my GCSE exam leave days there. Circa 1993. :D

KAS there'll be a nephrite interior owner out there who'd love those. :wink:

As someone else said,

Gold - yes.
Gold C4S wheels - no.

The shade of gold is so critical too though. The 964 ones above look dull and flat.
The 991 GT3 ones above look perfect, but those are gorgeous sculpted wheels so I've never seen a bad set in any colour.

It's your car though so try things. Like you say it's easily reversible. :thumb:

Asterix,

Thanks for that detail and suggestion. Definitely need to see a render or two. Just been messaging a mate who has offered to do a paintshop for me.

Here's a few shades of bronze / gold I quite like. The Singer Porsche decal in the same colour as the wheels too... It's only vinyl so if it looks crap,, not a problem!

@HSC911... I'm going to keep the poll going for a few days and post the renders when they're ready.

Safe to say I'm almost decided. My wife thinks I'm crazy, this obviously means DO IT!! :grin:

Attachments

• 30046a00_9274_40cd_9139_88f7449237d2_121.jpeg
    30046a00_9274_40cd_9139_88f7449237d2_121.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3,705
  • 89f0122e_f08d_4179_a200_fadcbdee5804_126.jpeg
    89f0122e_f08d_4179_a200_fadcbdee5804_126.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 3,705
alex yates said:
I love gold alloys on black..........but not gold Turbo Twists.

807776d1392747450-gold-wheels-c4s_nordic_gold_wheels_s-1024x637-.jpg

Yeah that's not the look I want!! Definitely not shiny gold.. I really like the slightly metallic Matt bronze like Collstar's.. or the ones I've just posted.

It would be on the Turbo Twists. Just bought the GT4 a few months ago so don't want to spend too much on new wheels and tyres. If I get the shade right it should look cool.. I HOPE!

Completely agree the bronze/gold look is better on thinner profile spokes. But can I get away with it for a bit of fun?

Go for it.

As a C4S owner the more people that play with suspension, change wheels, stick on large air filters etc etc the better the residuals will be on my car.

Plus I think it would look good, which if you don't care about the cars value is the most important thing imo.

Yes to bronze but no to original wheels imho.

Somehow to my eye it never looks right, just cheap to recolour original wheels (sorry). The twists are so distinctively Porsche it will stand out like a sore thumb. You might get away with just doing the centres on something like sport designs, but nothing more than a subtle change on one piece wheels. It's a very personal thing of course and you are welcome to disagree!

I've currently got these 'saved'. They're very JDM but I love the colour and with the right drop and spacers I think they could look fantastic against my seal grey:

https://alloywheels.com/product/view/18049/1714/set-of-8.5x18"---9.5x18-bola-b1-matt-bronze

Yes to bronze but no to original wheels imho.

Somehow to my eye it never looks right, just cheap to recolour original wheels (sorry). The twists are so distinctively Porsche it will stand out like a sore thumb. You might get away with just doing the centres on something like sport designs, but nothing more than a subtle change on one piece wheels. It's a very personal thing of course and you are welcome to disagree!

I've currently got these 'saved'. They're very JDM but I love the colour and with the right drop and spacers I think they could look fantastic against my seal grey:

Attachments

• 9a574b6a_8c33_482b_9f93_6e3496020876_177.jpeg
    9a574b6a_8c33_482b_9f93_6e3496020876_177.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 3,627
Still not convinced. Thin spoke - Yes

5b33acc8_fc09_40b7_bd86_96d5b9247c58_825.jpeg

Fat spokes - :?:

porsche-wheels-121.jpg

Griffter... Thanks, v useful input. I have been wondering how they'll do the center caps and weights without it all looking messy or too aftermarket.

Alex... Ouch! Yup those look very err.. Halfords! and INWB is correct.

My mate is doing a Paintshop this weekend for me.

It will be :mrgreen: OR 🤢🤮!! Haha.. :grin:

alex yates said:
Still not convinced. Thin spoke - Yes

Fat spokes - :?:

porsche-wheels-121.jpg

Thanks for this. No Gold... must be a more subtle Matt Bronze if this is to work. Fat spoke thing is a concern. Need to see a paintshop of bronze! The new 991 GT3 TP shade is too much.

Mine

Attachments

• ff1e1f43_5684_4e95_b509_f0839f138951_117.jpeg
    ff1e1f43_5684_4e95_b509_f0839f138951_117.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 3,593
Just to throw in a curve ball, you could go for dark centres and a gold rim - in a JPS stylee.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back