Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Decisions decisions

Rr1

help me decide before I go mad;

- C2S - just under 50k miles - £41k
- C4S - just under 30k miles - £48k

both are black/black, great condition, very similar specs (PDK, coupe, PASM, BOSE, PSE, Nav, PCM3, serviced recently) and both have full OPC history and OPC warranty (C2S 7 months and C4S 12 months), both 2010 and both private sales.

i have no real preference on 2S or 4S and will only be a casual third car so no track days or mad driving to test the limits of the car. i do prefer the wider body of the 4S but not really fussed as you can only tell when side by side.

is a £7k premium worth it for the 4S over 2S and 20k miles less with 5 extra months warranty?

i will be doing around 5-7k miles a year.

thanks in advance

I have a 2010 C4S but of those two, I'd choose the C2S because it would give me a bigger allowance for maintenance and modifications.

i wont be modifying and with the warranty in place (which i would continue throughout ownership) the maintenance costs will be the same give or take.

Both seem like good specs, but personally speaking, I would go for the C2S every time.

I have never got out of my car and thought to myself 'I wish my car had more grip and/or better road handling capabilities'. It is by far the most planted car I have ever owned and far exceeds my driving skills.

If I was considering spending circa £48k, I would be considering a 991 (non S).

Good luck with your decision! :drive:

i think that is the way i am thinking and the 20k miles isnt really much of an issue with both having full OPC history and still relatively sensible mileage for the age. even with 60k miles on it the price would only be around £35k in the current market

If its wet the 4S is massively safer and quicker, if that doesn't bother you then the 2S. The 4S has a lovely spec however and seems right, then theres the rear stripe... :dont know:

However cant believe I'm saying it but agree with Tony you're approaching 991 money on the 997 4S, and an S at that, that's the way id go, 100%.

From hating the 991 a very short time ago, to actually driving one, blown away with them, the sound, alloy panels, size increase without size increase, wheels closer to the corners, interior fit and finish, extra mpg, 315 quid cheapo tax, I could go on! Just an engineering masterstroke and the last of the NA 911's...

I'd probably take the 4S out of those two. I like the WB and the red stripe, the way it drives and the feel of the brakes. Generally a 4S will have more options and I guess the spec list above is not complete.

It mostly feels RWD and only makes itself AWD when needed. Quite a bit more sophisticated than earlier models.

There's a slight dullness and extra weight on the front, but not a huge deal. Smaller boot, but still works ok.

Magic919 said:
I'd probably take the 4S out of those two. I like the WB and the red stripe, the way it drives and the feel of the brakes. Generally a 4S will have more options and I guess the spec list above is not complete.

It mostly feels RWD and only makes itself AWD when needed. Quite a bit more sophisticated than earlier models.

There's a slight dullness and extra weight on the front, but not a huge deal. Smaller boot, but still works ok.

:agree:

The 4S has always carried a premium value over a 2S so that difference is not over-the-top especially given that it's also got lower mileage.

NB: Whilst it's true that £48k would alternatively get you into a 991 it would only be a higher mileage C2. i.e a newer shape but a lesser car.

There are a couple of 991 C2s's that have mileage less than 50k with prices around £50k around 2013.

I thought I had finally narrowed it down to 2 and then as always others come up!!! Good problem to have but so time consuming trying to decide

I have a 2009 C2 3.8S PDK black on black 43K very high spec PSE Sports heated seats red belts Paddle shift small carbon pack and alcantara wheel and trim. Tasteful euro cup rear spoiler and Maxton front. lots more upgrades. FSH with Porsche and specliest. Immaculate unmarked condition if anyone interested PM me would need to be £43000 OVNO

Rr1 said:
There are a couple of 991 C2s's that have mileage less than 50k with prices around £50k around 2013.

Where :?:

That would be telling......

Spoken to a few dealers today who said they would be willing to reduce from £55k to around £50k to clear stock and replace with 4x4's. not a great time of year I suppose along with uncertainty of next year.

You could drive both and decide which one you like. Bit like beer really there's
no such thing as a bad one! I've owned a 2S and currently have a 4S but went for the 4S just to have a change really and the deal was good, love both cars.

Buy the 2S and use the rest of the money on Mods.

No matter what your buy you still need to buy the DSC module..

Rr1 said:
Spoken to a few dealers today who said they would be willing to reduce from £55k to around £50k to clear stock and replace with 4x4's. not a great time of year I suppose along with uncertainty of next year.

If you can get a sensible mileage 991S from a dealer for £50k that should jump to the top of your shopping list. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back