Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window games

rickprice

Monza
Folks,

Need some advice.

My drivers side window has developed a mind of its own. Intermittently (of course), the window either drops by about a cm or so, or does not rise fully after the door shuts. It will then go up a minute or so later. On occasion it will go down again, spontaneously, and then (after a few seconds) go up.

My OPC has replaced the regulator (which broke recently) but the problem persists.

Clearly I am going to get it looked at again, but does anyone have any suggestions? I am minded that the fault is intermittent and it may not play up for Porsche.

Many thanks,

Rich

Sounds to me to be a microswitch in the door handle. What happens if you just lift the handle to the point of resistance ie before you start to unlatch it?

:agree: yep that, door handle microswitches, the passenger door outer handle on my Boxster plays up sometimes due to lack of use.

Does the door pull inside the car work as it should, ie pull it a little, not enough to unlock the door, and the window drops, let go and it goes back up :?: Same with the outer door handle, pull it a little to drop the window, then release and it goes back up :?:

So what tends to happen is that I unlock the car, get in and close the door. The window then does one of several things:

It will close normally most of the time
It might not close for a few seconds and then will close spontaneously
It will not close until I drive the car away
It might even go up and down a couple of times
The passenger side might join in, in time, occasionally - without the door being touched.

The door microswitch seems to work ok but if I try again I might get a different answer.

Richard

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back