Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heated seats question..

Hertsdriver

Hockenheim
Hi all, first post so please be gentle...

Am in potentially the market for a 996, will be my first porsche :oops:

Have changed jobs and now commute on the train/brompton every day, so the boring diesel Seat I bought is just sitting on the driveway losing money. I need 4 seats as I have kids of 4 and 8, but this is a second car so we have my wifes gold for more practical purposes... I cant think of another car that suits the spec I need for sub £15k:
4 seats
Fast and fun to drive
Non-depeciating....

Have an 89 Delta Integrale that is 'resting' and have always driven hot hatches up to now so appreciate this is a massive step up in terms of car 'type'.

Anyways, first stupid question, are all 996 leather seats heated or was that an option only? any tell tale signs when im trawling the ads (option code? give away switches on the dash?)

Thanks!

Leather seats are standard across all 996s. Heated seats were an option and not a particularly common one on coupes. Switches are an easy spot. They're on the centre console.

ps. :welcome: to 911uk. You won't find a friendlier forum.

Hertsdriver said:
Thank you! Can I ask where is the switch?

2 switches (l&r) on the dash - low down, below any radio/ac unit, in front of the gear lever.

If fitted, the heated seats switches are left and right at the base of the centre console, in the 'batwing' behind the gearshift.

I would also suggest that Litronics (bi-xenons) are worth looking out for too. Tell-tale in pics is the chrome headlight washers, on the 'gen 2' 996s.

Good hunting...

Oh, and Delta Integrale... :cloud9:

Heated seats needn't be an absolute deal breaker if you find a car in the otherwise correct spec and have some limited confidence with the spanners i.e. there are a few DIY retrofit articles online for standard seats (or you can later bolt in a set and fit the switches - the loom connections will be inplace as standard underneath the seats at least)

Advice still remains the same as any other car - buy for engine/performance size and overall mechanical condition... then for options (996s are "grown up lego" to some degree and certain options can be retrofitted later)

I'd also be opting for hardback seats if you can too. Far more supportive.

Hertsdriver said:
Have an 89 Delta Integrale...

Oh no you don't, you can't say that and not post up :camera:

:hand:

:welcome: to the forum.

Buy the best car you can find, seats can be found after :thumb:

:agree: need to hear more about the Integrale...

Heated switches are just in front of the base of gear stick.

The engine is in the boot :D

Only if we put "Das" in front of it.

I might sell both my hard-backed, heated seats next year.

The backs are painted Arctic Silver, so a limited market - albeit I think that that was the most popular colour for these cars, so less limited than some.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
964Turbo.3.3Mike
Back