Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello warning. Coolant system fault.

APL911

I've booked my 991.1 c2 in at brooklands on Wednesday.

I've got a yellow message 'coolant system fault, take to garage".

After a quick search I can see a few common(ish) faults ranging from a split vac hose to faulty control switches. Not sure how much it's going to cost yet.

Any obvious checks I can do before taking it in? :?:

Cheers.

Nothing obvious you can check im afraid .. it will be a vacumn pipe or one of the 8 valves that has failed ( depending on spec ) .

There was a recall on this years ago .. then there was a recall on the recall lol .

I had the same daily on my 991.1 C2 6 months ago. It was one of the solonoid valves as suggested above (£20 Part) so it should be a quick / straightforward fix.

If it is the changeover valve, as mine was, ask to see the faulty part and see how heat damaged it is. Mine had partially melted which was a concern.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back