Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£50K.. 996 C2 1999 SOLD @NEC?

Heard that a 996.1 C2 sold for 50 big ones at the NEC Show?

Restored by Porsche Classic program, one of 20 different models. My understanding Porsche are show casing and will offer this restoration service more.

Sure I'm biased as an owner, but seeing a pic of the restored 996.1 by Porsche in Liquid Metal, does make me imagine picturing a time when these wonderful cars will be held in the same regard as the 993, 964. Is it possible an owner in the future, like me who hankered after a 964, might just have to think hard which one to have!

To be fair I think any one of the 20 cars restored by Porsche are worth the money they're fetching.
My friend almost bought the 944 Turbo for £38k. The 968 looks ace too.

For anyone who doesn't know the story of these, to celebrate it's 70th birthday Porsche restored 20 different cars back to brand new condition.
All were painted in the 918 colour Liquid Metal.

The prices of some would barely cover the man hour costs. All are perfection.

Just to add. As much as I like my 996 I don't think anyone would ever chose one over a 964 or 993 were they the same price. But for the Bargain basement costs 996s still offer a great 911 experience.
I think if the opportunity arises for me to change though I probably will.
Maybe next summer but more likely the one after.

Thanks for the Pic Marky911. Agreed any savvy owner of these 20 cars will sleep very very easily.

Surely though you'd have to admit right now in the press and forums, as a previous 964 and 996 owner, there's a strong whiff of a 964 frenzy building for the high competent and frankly joke priced 996. :dont know:

I'd take my 996 C4S over a 964 and 993, even if they were they were at the same price point.

I'd take my 996 C4S over a 964 and 993, even if they were they were at the same price point.

I was there today and spoke to the guy who bought it. All the cars looked amazing together and had all sold by this morning.

You've got to love that 968 :thumbs:

There are actually a couple of 'Liquid Metal' colours. I presume these are in the silver but there's also a chrome blue. Both were used on the 918 as an option.

50k is huge money on the face of it but think differently and the guy has effectively gone back in time and bought a one off brand new 996 series 911 for 50k so that seems more than reasonable!!

Any pics of it?

I happily chose a 996 Turbo over a 993 Turbo (so disappointing, that car), even though it cost 20K more!

Bad financial decision, but the driving was (to me) far, far better. :thumb:

Love the colour scheme they have chosen for these anniversary editions, simply stunning in the metal. Pristine underneath too. Wonder whether any of the unique parts will be available on Porsche Classic after this (e.g. seats etc.)

Attachments

• nec_classic_2018_996tt_766.jpeg
    nec_classic_2018_996tt_766.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 3,451
jond58 said:
50k is huge money on the face of it but think differently and the guy has effectively gone back in time and bought a one off brand new 996 series 911 for 50k so that seems more than reasonable!!

Yep, where else are you going to buy an effectively new 911 for that!

Accounting for inflation it was really really cheap.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back