Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first service missed....worry or not?

...My stepson has worked in the car sector since completing his apprenticeship with Toyota (now runs a body shop for a large Audi dealership) and the stories he has shared with me over the years and my own experiences with main dealers/garages generally means that I have very little regard for the car industry; holding it with the same disdain shared with lawyers,bankers and politicians...Just don't trust 'm...

Bear in mind that when a service is due a warning comes up on the dash every time you start the car
And when it's over due a service a similar warning comes up

I wonder if this isn't a missing service history rather than no-service history for 3.5 years: it's hard to believe that the driver would continue to drive this for 2.5 years with a service light flashing every day.

Is there any way to find out from an OPC (from the original OPC who sold the car perhaps?) what might have been done?

:dont know:

Does a 997 store service reset data in the ECU/OBD that could be read via a Durametric/PIWIS?

i think as it was owned by a company it was used by loads of different people. there are so many cars out there that it isnt worth getting involved with and worrying about as they want top money for it.

Lots of us own companies on here and I'm sure some put their cars through, but I don't think we would just let staff members drive them. I certainly wouldn't not my pride and joy anyway! Even as a company I can't believe someone would drive for so long without servicing! I'd be chasing OPC as a new car it was under warranty surely some history.

Buy on condition, how long the present owner had it? Any bills to prove recent work? All this would show it's been cared for.

Good luck

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back