Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Herman Yellow 991-Modifications thread

Rhodris-dad said:
Zingari said:
Did you get an undertaking the garage wouldn't rent the car out by the day before you get back to pick it up :grin:

They wouldn't do that..................maybe use it as a service/MOT loaner though.:floor:
The director is using as a daily for sure

FZP said:
Rhodris-dad said:
Zingari said:
Did you get an undertaking the garage wouldn't rent the car out by the day before you get back to pick it up :grin:

They wouldn't do that..................maybe use it as a service/MOT loaner though.:floor:
The director is using as a daily for sure

:hand: I wouldn't blame him though.... looking at their stock Herman is probably considered a runabout :grin:

More gratuitous shots,23 sleeps to go! :nooo: Now I have some better shots, the black alloys definitely stay!

Looking good ....I think you made a great choice there ...

Comparing the Black v Satin wheels , the improvement is clearly apparent (IMO)

Black exhaust tips next would look the part ......

Looks good, somehow you've managed to find an appropriate colour.

It's got to have a 'spongebob' on it somewhere though. Maybe a modest 10cm sticker beneath each wing mirror?

The Porsche Press car. It's been flogged more times than a bullock in a Balinese rice padi.

FZP said:
The Porsche Press car. It's been flogged more times than a bullock in a Balinese rice padi.

True but I had to have it because of the personalized plate :grin:

Lovely car Sponge and i like the wheels as they are 8)

Just out of interest mine has sport design pack but has different front lower spoiler, anyone know if there were 2 different options for the front end ?

spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:

Have you seen what happens every time the car returns from a magazine? Probably one of the best maintained 911s in the country. After seeing a vid of it, it wouldn't put me off buying one in the future.

FZP said:
FZP said:

Have you seen what happens every time the car returns from a magazine? Probably one of the best maintained 911s in the country. After seeing a vid of it, it wouldn't put me off buying one in the future.

Tell me more? Didn't put me off at all, epically as rock solid full OPC history. Herman creamy 345 was a press car, and he was the best car ive had condition wise (having said that I may have thought twice about a manual lol.
If you google RX63ZSP, he pops up everywhere, from Evo to Top gear. Really good evo vid where he gets spanked by 7 seconds in the wet round the track (so yes a 4S is massively better in the wet!) but Herman yellow much more fun!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...EZM3DBLwVV&ust=1541834524277703&ictx=3&uact=3

Love having the history to the car, makes it a bit more special :dont know:

Not sure on the front apron, unless mine got ripped off on the track :grin:

I can't seem to find the video, but basically the car gets a service between every magazine and all issues addressed before it's released to the next journo. I can't remember if they change the oil every time or just do it more regularly than scheduled.

wildej said:
Lovely car Sponge and i like the wheels as they are 8)

Just out of interest mine has sport design pack but has different front lower spoiler, anyone know if there were 2 different options for the front end ?

A few main aero kits/splitter offered. Page 6 of this..

https://www.porsche.dk/globalassets/brochurer/new-tequipment-911.pdf

Main ones are:-

Sportdesign
aerokit (duck)
Aerokit cup (duck and spoiler on rear)
Aero kit turbo

It does depend on when ordered as well as the side skirts and front splitters can vary and you could mix and match within the above packages.

fair do sponge the black wheels in the new pics look superb.

Jcx said:
fair do sponge the black wheels in the new pics look superb.

Was thinking a ring of polished alloy would be nice, or two tone as in Franks pic, however they look better completely black with silver just inside.

First mod is underway before I've collected it! Retrimmed leather steering wheel with yellow stitching and band :worship: Phil!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

FZP said:
FZP said:

Did you do art at school :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikekean
Back