Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If Not A Porsche, Then What.....?

easternjets said:
Any excuse for Boba to get some pictures of his car up on the forum!

If you get a chance to get a demo run in a 570 S do it, you will be amazed at the handling and especially the steering, it's a stunning car and with a titanium exhaust upgrade sounds wicked, twin turbo V8 how can it sound subdued!
You can actually just hear the slight hiss of the Turbo's as well when you boot it which is not unpleasant. Driving position is perfect apart from the brake pedal being right in the centre for the left foot brakers and the seats are very comfortable and need very little adjustment to get them just right.
I was told that they expect running costs to come down as they get more cars on the road but it's a supercar so it ain't going to be cheap!
But it's the depreciation and the yearly servicing that bite.

No thats wrong - and its been months....and its sold... its still the nicest 997 Turbo ever in my opinion...

Still looks lovey though, and I have regrets

easternjets said:

It is a Porsche forum, he posted pictures of his Porsche to show how good they look. Seems fair enough to me.

MC

How about going lightweight weekend toy?

Ariel Atom or Caterham 360R?

MisterCorn said:
easternjets said:

It is a Porsche forum, he posted pictures of his Porsche to show how good they look. Seems fair enough to me.

MC

Thanks Martin. It did look good!!

g7jhp said:
How about going lightweight weekend toy?

Ariel Atom or Caterham 360R?

I run a V8 Westfield, it offers an interesting mix of massive torque and power which I can honestly say is unmatched by any ither car I own. 705kg, 215hp, buckets of torque. That said, I have done 240 miles in it in the last 3 years. It scares me.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Senoj said:
Turbo, awesome cars.

Familiarity breeds contempt and all that

Get a faster turbo then, mine scares the sh!t out of me every time I drive it, I have had more contempt for other cars after 10 minutes than my turbo in 7 years. If you have contempt for your turbo it needs more power.

MC

'familiarity breeds contempt
phrase of familiarity
PROVERB
extensive knowledge of or close association with someone or something leads to a loss of respect for them or it.'

I didn't mean I had any contempt for my turbo, I don't have a turbo for a start :floor:

Senoj said:
I didn't mean I had any contempt for my turbo, I don't have a turbo for a start :floor:

That is your first mistake. Get one, they are awesome. I have had.my turbo longer than any other car I have owned, it is amazing.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Senoj said:

That is your first mistake. Get one, they are awesome. I have had.my turbo longer than any other car I have owned, it is amazing.

MC

I had one for a couple of years, 996 manual on Pss9's. :thumb:

MisterCorn said:
I run a V8 Westfield, it offers an interesting mix of massive torque and power which I can honestly say is unmatched by any ither car I own. 705kg, 215hp, buckets of torque. That said, I have done 240 miles in it in the last 3 years. It scares me.

MC

I didn`t know it was a V8 Martin, I might be interested in taking that off your hands as you don`t use it :grin:

kurlykris said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

I didn`t know it was a V8 Martin, I might be interested in taking that off your hands as you don`t use it :grin:

I won't be selling it, but passenger rides are free. Helmet hire included.

MC

:wave: I'll have a do.

MisterCorn said:
I won't be selling it, but passenger rides are free. Helmet hire included.

MC

Have lid, will travel :grin:

That must be a monster :D

Great minds think alike, I have a Westfield Megabusa 185 bhp at the wheels, it's a hoot to drive and even better when you pass Lambo's and McLarens on the inside in corners, good cheap fun.

MisterCorn said:
easternjets said:

MC

+1. And its simply beautiful

Is it me or do the other cars listed seem is if they're, er, trying just a bit too hard to look that good...

Osh

MisterCorn said:
Senoj said:

MC

I will never sell my 996 C4S but, and as fellow S.H.I.T.S know, if things go right with my plans, a 997.2 Turbo S is on the shopping list for the future. Probs 3 years time... :yahoo:

Osh :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back