Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Popular/Unpopular Paint Colours

dt4 said:
I had a Lapis blue 986 with grey interior and thought the interior was really boring

I have a Lapis blue car with Grey :sad:

:grin:

:floor: :floor:

'DKR'.... :worship:

Another classic.......!

Judging by AutoTrader or by Ebay, the most popular colours are black, silver, grey then white. Less so for GT cars.
I suppose a lot (not all) of Porsche owners are quite risk averse, and are interested in resale values, so choose conservative colours. Certainly true in my case, but I'm an accountant so it's baked into our very DNA.

My car is Arctic Silver with a black interior - boring to many I suppose, but I'm a whisperer not a shouter, as it were. Had the calipers powder coated red though, so I clearly do know how to party.

911Time said:
:floor: :floor: :floor:

With a rocket launcher fitted to the former I guess I could call it a
'Stinger 911' ?? ;)

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Nothing wrong with grey interior as long as you liven it up with accent colour and/or a touch of alcantara. any get rid of the grey steering wheel for a carbon one , this was my old gen1 :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1331_987.jpg
    img_1331_987.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,498
  • img_1330_145.jpg
    img_1330_145.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 2,498
  • img_1502_663.jpg
    img_1502_663.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,498
  • p1010190_147.jpg
    p1010190_147.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 2,498
HSC911 said:
dt4 said:
I had a Lapis blue 986 with grey interior and thought the interior was really boring

I have a Lapis blue car with Grey :sad:

:grin:

Ooops sorry

Nice RECARO!! I'd like a set of these... such a connected feeling to drive a car with a bucket seat.

When the OPC sold me my car , it was a fair bit cheaper than any other 911 I had seen especially with all the options . He was quite open and said the colour combo wasn't popular .

Mine is platinum silver and with a Luxor beige interior . He's not wrong this was the combination I was after and it took ages for me to find one!

Zingari said:
Not sure about exterior but you need to avoid inside

Suicide Savannah
Moody Metropole Blue
John Major Grey
Brown/cream with a black exterior (aka Stevie Wonder style)
Dog knob red ('DKR') dash and steering wheel
Anything with overstuffed comfort seats in case the leather sags :thumb:

I like Speed Yellow exterior but kiss of death on Spyder yet OK on GT4 :roll:

Speed yellows quite old fashioned, I've heard good things about racing yellow though :grin: Anyway yellow as yellow is the new white :thumb:

911Time said:
I'm guessing it would be best to give this shade a wide berth :dont know:

Salesman ticked the wrong box once .. ive never seen a Cayenne in khaki green .. A very .. unusual colour shall we say .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back