Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More cheap mods!!

C4-STORM

I was sent a rim-guard sample a while back which has just been kicking about so after a bit of a light bulb moment came up with the following use for it :lol:

Quick, cheap, effective & easily reversible - has stayed in place overnight 8)

I am not decided yet but thought I would share, the silver dash bar kit can be a nightmare to fit but this solution is a 10 minute job :thumbs:

Attachments

• img_9884_188.jpg
    img_9884_188.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 2,425
  • img_9892_160.jpg
    img_9892_160.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 2,425
  • img_9888_119.jpg
    img_9888_119.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 2,425
  • img_9894_712.jpg
    img_9894_712.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 2,425
  • img_9889_634.jpg
    img_9889_634.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 2,425
  • img_9897_116.jpg
    img_9897_116.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 2,425
  • img_9905_567.jpg
    img_9905_567.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 2,425
Hmmmm.... that is ridiculous and pointless..... but rather inspired and brilliant.....

Very good :thumbs:

Spending a bunch of money and crawling around upside down in your footwells sucks even more if this is effective(!)

Looks good

Also like the protector around the ignition - where did you get that?

Cheers
Ben

Excellent

More importantly, where did you get the double USB for the cigarette lighter? Would want to do this

Thanks

demon said:
Hmmmm.... that is ridiculous and pointless..... but rather inspired and brilliant.....

Very good :thumbs:

Spending a bunch of money and crawling around upside down in your footwells sucks even more if this is effective(!)

Ha Ha :floor:

I thought exactly the same!! And after my approx. 10 - 20 mins of fiddling & fettling I really had to question my sanity :what:

coullstar said:
10/10 for recycling. I like it and was actually just looking at something similar the other day. Probably a different colour but something to break up the black dash.

It's just this stuff.. You can get it in most colours. Has 3M adhesive backing as designed to stay put on wheels..

Attachments

• img_9891_935.jpg
    img_9891_935.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 2,213
Kingb4 said:
Looks good

Cheers
Ben

Cheers bud. Cheap mod's lol.. Ignition surround is just aerosol'd Silver Silk No.2 :grin:

But to keep the purists happy I kept the original and sprayed another one which I got off ebay for a five spot 8) (They just pop out)

FRP said:
Excellent

More importantly, where did you get the double USB for the cigarette lighter? Would want to do this

Thanks

Ha Ha :thumb:

More cheap or free mod's.. USB which is gloss black and looks like it came as standard was poached out of a trade p/ex - didn't affect it's value of course :)

(It fits perfectly so was a right result)

C4-STORM said:
FRP said:
Excellent

Thanks

Ha Ha :thumb:

More cheap or free mod's.. USB which is gloss black and looks like it came as standard was poached out of a trade p/ex - didn't affect it's value of course :)

(It fits perfectly so was a right result)

Any chance of more views of that USB? Its cracking and sure beats a dongle that keeps falling out!

Search Griffin USB on eBay.

C4-STORM said:
Kingb4 said:
Looks good

Cheers
Ben

Cheers bud. Cheap mod's lol.. Ignition surround is just aerosol'd Silver Silk No.2 :grin:

But to keep the purists happy I kept the original and sprayed another one which I got off ebay for a five spot 8) (They just pop out)

Thanks C4-Storm. Will definitely be copying these ideas!

i have ordered a Griffin,,,,,,£1.99

Thanks for the comments chaps :thumb:

Yes the USB is a Griffin I think, it pretty much pushes in almost flush and is gloss black so turns the 12v socket into a proper twin USB port and looks the biz :lol:

Red seat belts may come which is partly why I had Jack put a red centre band on my wheel, all nicely OCD with the red Brembo's..

Always mindful of not ending up with a Halford's special interior tho :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back