Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche price rises current and future

bludger said:
I'm interested in buying a 911 and have been monitoring the market for some months.

We've had years of easy credit and low interest rates and this has affected car values along with a lot of other things. I'm fairly sure we'll have a financial crash and recession in the next two years at most and things could get very sticky indeed and car values will be affected along with a lot of other things.

Now you can pooh pooh this but we have rates at zero so they can't be cut further and there are an awful lot of folk who appear well off but are hocked up to the eyeballs and debt levels are far higher than ten years ago.

This slowdown, which most acknowledge, could be a canary in the coal mine.

I'm waiting to buy; now is not the time.

You're putting me off now!!! About to pull the trigger :nooo:

spongebob squarepants said:
bludger said:
I'm interested in buying a 911 and have been monitoring the market for some months.

We've had years of easy credit and low interest rates and this has affected car values along with a lot of other things. I'm fairly sure we'll have a financial crash and recession in the next two years at most and things could get very sticky indeed and car values will be affected along with a lot of other things.

Now you can pooh pooh this but we have rates at zero so they can't be cut further and there are an awful lot of folk who appear well off but are hocked up to the eyeballs and debt levels are far higher than ten years ago.

This slowdown, which most acknowledge, could be a canary in the coal mine.

I'm waiting to buy; now is not the time.

You're putting me off now!!! About to pull the trigger :nooo:

Look this is just my view; your purchase may be the bargain of the century!

2.65% finance! Bargain! Pull the trigger.

benbuhagiar said:

Yes through a broker in Crewe, and with Santander. Trigger is depressed.

Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:
:hand: It's a different ball of wax without the rose tinted specs. I said as much 12 months ago.

25 bags is just around the corner :thumb:

I guess the 4C depreciation must be giving you sleepless nights?

:floor:

Jcx said:
Ooh Ooh what ya buying/bought?

I call custard, I won;t believe it until I see a pic of him with the keys, a pair of loafers and some red socks :floor:

jonttt said:
Jcx said:
Ooh Ooh what ya buying/bought?

I call custard, I won;t believe it until I see a pic of him with the keys, a pair of loafers and some red socks :floor:
Custard is quite appropriate I believe

Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:
:hand: It's a different ball of wax without the rose tinted specs. I said as much 12 months ago.

Shaking like a shitting dog chum as I've just SORN'd it over winter :thumb:

Very nearly bought a 981 Spyder for 60 in cold last week. Good price and dealer who bought it I suspect will retail near 70 in spring :roll:

I'll buy a 981 Boxster when they're under 20 bags in the new year :grin:

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

Very nearly bought a 981 Spyder for 60 in cold last week. Good price and dealer who bought it I suspect will retail near 70 in spring :roll:

I really like the 981 Spyder! Very nice car.

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

That was one of those too good to be true deals, shame that car was stunning, I bet it reappears before the spring! :x

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

As you know I am very envious of your 4C, refreshing that there are some leftfield ex Porche owners. It really isn't all about Porsche, and yes I know I'm in the minority here.

Strangely on a hot summer's day in SW France I'll choose my 2cv over the Porsche EVERY day for anything but long distance travel.

Much as I love my 993 Targa I often wonder whether I'd have been better to buy an Alpine A110 which is my long term dream car and keeps gaining in value at a ridiculous rate.

Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

As you know I am very envious of your 4C, refreshing that there are some leftfield ex Porche owners. It really isn't all about Porsche, and yes I know I'm in the minority here.

Strangely on a hot summer's day in SW France I'll choose my 2cv over the Porsche EVERY day for anything but long distance travel.

Much as I love my 993 Targa I often wonder whether I'd have been better to buy an Alpine A110 which is my long term dream car and keeps gaining in value at a ridiculous rate.

He pretends to like the 4C but he's after another Porsche :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
benbuhagiar said:

Yes through a broker in Crewe, and with Santander. Trigger is depressed.

Great rate :thumb: I would be inspecting the agreement more than the car if that's being stated as the true apr though..naturally cautious of brokers :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back