Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter tyres

BenB91

When are peopling switching over to winter tyres? I've been keeping an eye on the temperature and I don't think it is cold enough yet.

I'm in Kent and we do have a few mornings which are below 7c, but most aren't.

I go with when I am actually driving it in 7 degrees or less, and given that that doesn't tend to be first thing in the morning (though is occasionally late at night) I reckon that I might not have them on until December as things currently look.

As the temperatures have dropped, I'll be switching over to winter tyres this weekend.

-2C this morning when I went to defrost the 996, mine are on!

To be fair I had been making an effort to 'use up' the remaining tread on the quite old P Zeros that were on the car when I bought it in July and there wasn't much left, that wasn't helping in the rain!

Amazing how much more compliant the car is with the switch from old (presumably quite hard) 18" tyres to 17" new, soft Sottozeroes. The ride is much less crashy, albeit you can also feel the extra sidewall height in the bends.

The 18" wheels will go off to Chris at Excel for a full refurb over the winter, already keen to see how the car feels with fresh summer rubber next year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back