Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dual Action Polishers

Milo72

Can anyone recommend a good polisher? Never done it before and thought i'd have a go myself... can practice on my daily driver before letting loose.

I use a das 6 pro.

Bought it from clean your car I think (just google das 6 pro)

Does the job spot on :thumb:

Used it on my Cayman GTS recently and posted a few photos of results.

S A Watt said:
I use a das 6 pro.

Bought it from clean your car I think (just google das 6 pro)

Does the job spot on :thumb:

Used it on my Cayman GTS recently and posted a few photos of results.

Which polish(s) or compounds are you using with the DAS 6?

Sorry just found the thread = Menzerna

I blagged my parents to buy me a cheapo machine polisher (not DA) off eBay for Xmas last year. Was about £80 and came with all the pads. I just use T-cut (if needed) and whatever car wax from halfords (thin it's turtle wax). Car comes up like a mirror.

Yip that's the one and lake country pads

alex yates said:
I blagged my parents to buy me a cheapo machine polisher (not DA) off eBay for Xmas last year. Was about £80 and came with all the pads. I just use T-cut (if needed) and whatever car wax from halfords (thin it's turtle wax). Car comes up like a mirror.

:eek: :hand:

I'd skip the DA and get a rotary. Nicer to use, works faster. I don't like all the vibration of a DA.

Get some decent pads and polish.

Sadly, I am rather addicted to this youtube channel as it plays to my OCD for cleaning!

'Picking your first machine polisher - Understanding the differences' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxtYZ9Pe2NA&t=708s

BTW, I use a Das6 Pro Plus with 15mm throw and Chemical Guys Quantum pads and any number of the compounds / polishes depending on paintwork and the desired result :?

I use a DA and used to use a rotary but the rotary left swirls everywhere showing mostly in sunlight, the DA leave no swirls at all.

I use various compounds, Farecla is one of my favorites but recently I have been using something that was recommended by my local motor factor and its great stuff. Will update with the name once I remember.

To my shame, I bought a DAS-6 Pro DA Polisher last year from cleanyourcar.co.uk, plus all the pads and Auto Finesse compounds, and have used it once.

Too many cars, too little time. I use a great, local detailer instead!

If anyone's looking to buy, PM me and I'll do a good deal...

Hi,

Only one out there worth putting your money into (IMO)

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/ru...MI9sXbs8a73gIVmuJ3Ch3jHQWSEAQYASABEgI0E_D_BwE

I have around 3 or 4 other DA's and a couple of rotarys, the above blows everything I've used away.

No viabration, easy to use :thumb:

Punch it in YouTube to check :D

This one comes with pads and a selection of compounds too.

Remember to wash the car correctly first, decontamination must follow, then a clay - before any use of a DA.

Great guy (Porsche guy too), worth watching a few of his videos.

https://www.ammonyc.com/videos/

Remember decent polish (with no fillers) and a nice wax will look after the work you put in.

Enjoy

:wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back