Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel upgrade - listed as Cayenne but seem to be Panamera

swisstony

Hi

Managed to win some wheels on ebay which do seem to be a bargain ( I hope ! )
They are listed as Cayenne fitment with 19" 265/50 on the tyres.

Now they are not hugely common on the Cayenne's but are on the Panamera so I hope they fit :)
As ours is a 955 with no TPMS, I assume this is not an issue as this was a factory option ?

This is what they look like on rennlist

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-m...e-turbo-wheels-and-tire-package-for-sale.html

If the wheels have TPMS and the car doesnt then its no problem .. if the car has it but the wheels dont then you have to de activate it on the cluster .

Im no expert by a long shot but i seem to remember back in my OPC days that the design of wheel you have got was the winter tyre set ..

In other words people bought a set of wheels/tyres for the winter and that was the design of them .

If the tyres on these wheels have M+S on them then that kinda proves it .

deMort said:
If the tyres on these wheels have M+S on them then that kinda proves it .

didn't realise Marks and Spencer made tyres :)

Wheels are getting collected this week so we shall see what they are like.
Seems a few people have done it so I could be lucky.
If not I can always sell them on.

Will update you when I find out what the offset is

Cheers they are listed on there but under 958 however I have sent some people fit them on 955 as the centre bore is only 2mm larger
We shall see !

The 2mm can be sorted with a spigot ring

baldguy said:
The 2mm can be sorted with a spigot ring

:thumb: :thumb:

Should be collecting them this week though as they are a birthday present for the good lady wife, I may give them a respray or fix to one of them as it has some deep marks and scuffs. The trick is getting the same colour match. And then when all cleaned and finished will wrap them up in birthday paper and see if she can guess what they are

:floor:

Well they arrived ! I collected them today in my scoob, bit of a tight fit getting all four in but as I was on my own the fourth one was in the passenger seat :)  Not bad condition when i got them but the weights and offset seems perfect and they came from a Cayenne Turbo so all good.
Here are three of them ready for a clean

IMG_3112 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

I had time to clean just one , man looked clean from the front but from the back mmm not so good. We have a lot of dirt , the usual tar, marks, dirty tyres etc

IMG_3095 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

But worst of all are those god damn weight residue !!! I hate that with a passion javascript:emoticon(':frustrated:')

IMG_3101 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3102 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

So using a combination of wheel cleaner ( Bilt Hamber), various brushes, degreaser, wash mitts got the worst off. Then had to use Tardis and a blade to get the reside off with plastic scrapers so not as to damage the paint. Finally clayed the entire wheel followed by another wash. Last was a hand polish and when dry will seal the wheels and dress the tyres. 
After a lot of effort you get this. Weight residue gone

IMG_3119 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3121 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

And after the polish you get this

IMG_3122 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3126 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3116 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3115 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

As they are a present, the good lady wife has to wait until beginning of december. Plenty of time for me to clean up the other three and fix one of them that has kerb rash.

deMort said:
use a Caremael wheel for removeing rubber residue ..

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/pow...MIhKPZ3_243gIVBOh3Ch1TiAbuEAQYASABEgLnHfD_BwE

It works with things like badges as well .

It looks like you have M+S and summer tyres .. dont mix them on the axle . same each side per axle basically .

Never mix different tyres on an axle on a Cayenne .. or it will end up costing you .

Those wheels dont have TPM .

Yes no TPMS which is fine as our Cayenne dose not either :)

Three of them are all the same , Pirelli Scorpion Verde ? One is Good year

So excuse my ignorance but which ones are the M+S ones ?

Good call on the wheel for the rubber residue..the manual method I use is quite labour intensive !!

Your picture of the three wheels against the wall .. the center one looks like a winter tread pattern to me .

if you look at the sidewalls then any tyre will have a description on it .

My only concern is you dont mix different tyres on the same axle .. trust me it can cause a lot of damage .. if the tyres are all the same then dont worry .. im zooming in on the pictures to try and see :)

Goodyear plus a pirelli on the same axle and it might be worth changeing that goodyear just in case.

A new tyre must not be more than 3 mm difference in tread to the other side .

good eyes or good zoom :)

Yes middle one is the goodyear and the odd one out. Will get that sorted. :thumb:

Have ordered one of those wheels to strip the residue as I bet all the other three have the same ***** on them :frustrated:

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back