Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche price rises current and future

BChivs said:
My only concern at this stage is where on a falling market do you jump in!
I guess it depends if you are treating this as an investment. The old adage with any security is 'never try and catch a falling knife'....Its difficult to call the bottom of a market, so wait till its come and prices are slowly climbing again....

However if this is more of a dream car purchase, that you intend to keep. Then I would probably also be influenced by when you see the car you really want, in the condition you want, at a price you are happy to pay.

Kingb4 said:
BChivs said:
My only concern at this stage is where on a falling market do you jump in!
I guess it depends if you are treating this as an investment. The old adage with any security is 'never try and catch a falling knife'....Its difficult to call the bottom of a market, so wait till its come and prices are slowly climbing again....

However if this is more of a dream car purchase, that you intend to keep. Then I would probably also be influenced by when you see the car you really want, in the condition you want, at a price you are happy to pay.

I don't really see any car as a savvy investment....running costs usually far outweigh any real appreciation, but it just makes the purchase a better proposition. I always strongly consider depreciation risk with any car purchase and try and buy with my head....I would ever buy a brand new car, even if money was no option due to this mind set.

Kingb4 said:
BChivs said:

Wise Words, a dream car is where most of us on here began our story

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:
I think sponge is just looking for excuses NOT to buy a car :grin:

Au contrair a deal could be done before the weeks out :thumb:

Ferrari California?

benbuhagiar said:
spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:
I think sponge is just looking for excuses NOT to buy a car :grin:

Au contrair a deal could be done before the weeks out :thumb:

Ferrari California?

Alas not, that would mean a second divorce, and me and Mrs SBSP not even married yet :eek: If there were no future Mrs sponge I would already of pulled the trigger. :nooo:

everytime I see one of these "impending crash" threads I do laugh a bit... I mean if you keep saying that the house / car / stock market is going to crash then of course it will happen, and you can say "I told you so!"
I've seen many times over the last few years people saying the car finance / lease market will burst soon but hey... its still going!
I do think the market has slowed a bit, time of year and brexit are two factors I agree are contributing towards this.
I had mine for sale for 3 weeks on AT and had a couple of email enquiries, nothing more than this... when I was in the market for mine, hartech rebuilds were snapped up in days! so I was surprised not to get more interest in mine...
oh well, bring on the crash :pc:

michaelbbwalker said:
everytime I see one of these "impending crash" threads I do laugh a bit... I mean if you keep saying that the house / car / stock market is going to crash then of course it will happen, and you can say "I told you so!"
I've seen many times over the last few years people saying the car finance / lease market will burst soon but hey... its still going!
I do think the market has slowed a bit, time of year and brexit are two factors I agree are contributing towards this.
I had mine for sale for 3 weeks on AT and had a couple of email enquiries, nothing more than this... when I was in the market for mine, hartech rebuilds were snapped up in days! so I was surprised not to get more interest in mine...
oh well, bring on the crash :pc:

Err could this be because of the price crash!!! If its a manual coupe in white, red or yellow pm me details :grin:

I think the reverse in values is pretty comprehensive, the London housing market is sagging dramatically - a couple of friends of mine have just sold at 96% of asking price, and very happy to do so. Min 2016 and they'd have been getting offers 20% over.

They've made the decision to hold off on buying a new place until mid to late next year, when the market will have fallen further - the extent of which will likely correlate with what happens at the end of March.

:hand: It's a different ball of wax without the rose tinted specs. I said as much 12 months ago.

25 bags is just around the corner :thumb:

Zingari said:
:hand: It's a different ball of wax without the rose tinted specs. I said as much 12 months ago.

25 bags is just around the corner :thumb:

I guess the 4C depreciation must be giving you sleepless nights?

I think there's some burying head in sand going on.

Ive got a few deals lined up with discounts that are way more than just seasonal, and I'm reluctant still to pull the trigger, even with PCP finance at 2.65%.
If that rate is being offered, you can be sure cars are just not shifting at all.

I'm interested in buying a 911 and have been monitoring the market for some months.

We've had years of easy credit and low interest rates and this has affected car values along with a lot of other things. I'm fairly sure we'll have a financial crash and recession in the next two years at most and things could get very sticky indeed and car values will be affected along with a lot of other things.

Now you can pooh pooh this but we have rates at zero so they can't be cut further and there are an awful lot of folk who appear well off but are hocked up to the eyeballs and debt levels are far higher than ten years ago.

This slowdown, which most acknowledge, could be a canary in the coal mine.

I'm waiting to buy; now is not the time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back