Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche price rises current and future

Had a sell/buy in September and saw some of this price correction - previously untouchable prices on 993, GT and Turbos were moving down, 997 GTS still seems to be holding out (unless its a cab), but regular cars are easing downward with more price sensitivity, especially mileage.

The SOR offer for my GT3 had floated down by nearly 10% since May, some of that is seasonal and the May offer was only a little less than the retail I'd paid the year before. I had a great summer in the car and sold privately in the end so that took the edge of it, probably down another 5% since.

991 prices in September were quite strong on the surface, but there was some relief in my price that was already nicely lower than OPC prices. No doubt they'll come down further, but cost to change will reflect that, only really matters if you want to liquidate for cash (that's what I've told myself anyway).

Certainly not a bad time to be sitting on cash and ready to make a move, by the time we're in deep winter could be a great time, so keep talking the market down :grin:

I agree with Phil's sentiment, in that we will see a compression of prices rather than a wholesale price drop. I don't see 996/997's getting much cheaper than they are currently. It's the halo models that will compress down a bit.
My eyes got opened up when a 997.2 GT3RS was selling at an OPC in the £130's 6 weeks ago or so.
I think when we see the first 991 GT3 in the £8X,000 that we will see a whole bunch of action in that market.

FZP said:
I agree with Phil's sentiment, in that we will see a compression of prices rather than a wholesale price drop. I don't see 996/997's getting much cheaper than they are currently. It's the halo models that will compress down a bit.
My eyes got opened up when a 997.2 GT3RS was selling at an OPC in the £130's 6 weeks ago or so.
I think when we see the first 991 GT3 in the £8X,000 that we will see a whole bunch of action in that market.

Your all in denial......... #pricecrash :grin:

So threads throughout the year on how 996 prices are hardening is just Scotch Mist?

Pretty sure that winter months see a downturn in prices every year tbh. I bought my 993 in late October 2016 and the Indie who sold it to me was happy to take a 3k reduction because 'he didn't want too much winter stock"

Albionmuz said:
So threads throughout the year on how 996 prices are hardening is just Scotch Mist?

Yes mostly..As ever low milers in good colour and spec will find buyers.

I think sponge is just looking for excuses NOT to buy a car :grin:

Aside from Winter and Brexit you have the first London councils announcing ULEZ. Starts with, I believe, £12.50 a day to drive your car in their area IIf it doesn't meet relevant Euro standard. There's one measure for diesel another for petrol. I'm unclear if you get a resident discount. I'd imagine if you do, you won't for long.

Personally I would really grieve me to pay a fee in addition to all the other fees, every time I took the car out. I suspect others will feel the same. I don't underestimate this threat to classic car ownership.

All local authorities will be allowed to create these money making zones under banner of protecting children's lungs. The costs will likely escalate fast. Whilst most classics aren't daily drivers, legislation change like this will change buying habits. How much remains to be seen.

highway said:
Aside from Winter and 911uk you have the first London councils announcing ULEZ. Starts with, I believe, £12.50 a day to drive your car in their area IIf it doesn't meet relevant Euro standard. There's one measure for diesel another for petrol. I'm unclear if you get a resident discount. I'd imagine if you do, you won't for long.

Personally I would really grieve me to pay a fee in addition to all the other fees, every time I took the car out. I suspect others will feel the same. I don't underestimate this threat to classic car ownership.

All local authorities will be allowed to create these money making zones under banner of protecting children's lungs. The costs will likely escalate fast. Whilst most classics aren't daily drivers, legislation change like this will change buying habits. How much remains to be seen.

Yet another factor driving down prices....

jonttt said:

Au contrair a deal could be done before the weeks out :thumb:

doom

Could somebody please message me when they see a nice 964 ,manual gearbox 2wd car ,no rot,in a nice colour for £25 bags? Cash waiting :thumbs:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt3-996

Even the widow maker is holding firm with no sign of panic

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt2-996

If anything the 996/997 GT's prices are holding steady.

This time of year prices always dip but come April they bounce back(unlike Man U will this season)

996/997 and Boxster Spyders were the last of the 100% pure Porsche variants before VAG stepped in with various Audi related ideas such as electric power steering and non manual boxes for the GT3's

Re: doom

stichill99 said:
Could somebody please message me when they see a nice 964 ,manual gearbox 2wd car ,no rot,in a nice colour for £25 bags? Cash waiting :thumbs:

I'll message you about the second one. The first one will be in my garage. :D
(Just kidding. I couldn't be bothered to do all the work I've done to my 996 again and just about every 964 out there will need it, for me to be happy with it. Nice cars though.)

It's all opinion, but we should definitely revisit this thread in a years time and see how things are. :thumb:

I'm gonna give it a Play your cards right style "LOWER!!!"

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

Au contrair a deal could be done before the weeks out :thumb:
:eek:

To be fair I don't think the op is far off the mark....been thinking the same but almost didn't want to post due to the risk of getting flamed. I dropped £27k on a 996 C4S last year and the problems I had with it and its return to the dealer now seems a blessing in disguise as the same car now can be seen for much less.
I have been looking to replace it since, not as quickly as I had originally planned due to the birth of my little boy but still on the hunt and watching the market. Prices are being slashed not by small amounts but like said £4-5k at a time. I am viewing a car tomorrow that a week ago was £45k and now offered at £39,995. These reductions are far from seasonal but obvious settlement. My only concern at this stage is where on a falling market do you jump in!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back