Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

jpsh120 said:
And to comment on the Gillian vs Nigella dilemma....there is only 1 of those 2 that you might have a chance with, just might.

I'm talking about Nigella of course. Apparently she's quite partial to a bacon butty or two, and is a sucker for a man with a healthy waistline :grin:

:grin: :grin: reworded added wasteline removed manhood which was my first option but thought the mods might not like it :grin: :grin:

Chris_in_the_UK said:
I am back from the wilderness Phil - sad reading mate, but glad you got to the bottom of it!.

Chris , good to see you back mate ,where the bloody hell have you been hiding yourself :thumb: :thumb:

Thefinn said:
Sorry Phil just catching up with the thread but glad you have found the problem with your car, not the best news I guess but not the worst either. How long before you are back behind the wheel? :driving:

:grin: It all depends on Baz mate, and whether I am going to settle for a std rebuild or if Xmas comes early for Phil and a tweak or three are in order. :thumb: at the moment no timelines but hopefully before Dinslaken 2019 otherwise I am in with Jim bone and his LS3 cayman which will be quite deafening and a bit scarey , I am talking in his car not sharing a hotel room although probably the same would apply :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:
Sorry Phil just catching up with the thread but glad you have found the problem with your car, not the best news I guess but not the worst either. How long before you are back behind the wheel? :driving:

:grin: It all depends on Baz mate, and whether I am going to settle for a std rebuild or if Xmas comes early for Phil and a tweak or three are in order. :thumb: at the moment no timelines but hopefully before Dinslaken 2019 otherwise I am in with Jim bone and his LS3 cayman which will be quite deafening and a bit scarey , I am talking in his car not sharing a hotel room although probably the same would apply :floor: :floor: :floor:

Now really forum karma should dictate that everyone you have ever talked into a mod should be putting the pressure on for a ridiculous rebuild. :bandit:

Phil 997 said:
hopefully before Dinslaken 2019 otherwise I am in with Jim bone and his LS3 cayman which will be quite deafening and a bit scarey , I am talking in his car not sharing a hotel room although probably the same would apply :floor: :floor: :floor:

Happy to supply some ear plugs and wooden spoon to bite down on, bud :thumbs:

Thefinn said:
Now really forum karma should dictate that everyone you have ever talked into a mod should be putting the pressure on for a ridiculous rebuild. :bandit:

I'm not sure it's Phil that needs convincing... It's if Hartech / Baz can decide if he's nuts or not :floor: :floor: :floor:

Agreed. I'd like see Phil update his username to Phil 4.0 or some such.

Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: OMG it would make Baz letterbox look like the north pole this time of year .

MaxA said:
Agreed. I'd like see Phil update his username to Phil 4.0 or some such.

Phew thought that said Phil 4" at first glance :floor: :floor: can you imagine the sub heading " no borescoring with this lil beaut " :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
I am back from the wilderness Phil - sad reading mate, but glad you got to the bottom of it!.

Chris , good to see you back mate ,where the bloody hell have you been hiding yourself :thumb: :thumb:

In the depths of a round the world trip and a house rebuild - just need to get the 'wheels' recommissioned!.

:dancetwist:

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Phil 997 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

In the depths of a round the world trip and a house rebuild - just need to get the 'wheels' recommissioned!.

:dancetwist:

WOW busy then mate house = stress, Hol = chill , sounds like a well worked out plan , good to see you back :thumb:

I have an update on my car,
It seems that there's more damage than initially thought and the car does require crank cases , cylinders , rings and asst other bits so basically a full rebuild .
After a long discussion with Baz who told me they were really not ready yet with the 4.0 convertion and that, plus them in the north and me on the south coast was not the ideal location for a test mule that they would want to see regularly and given that I really didnt want to wait 6 to 12 months for my car back which it could easily have taken as it would have been a test mule and with all these things you may encounter unexpected things to overcome thats the idea of a test mule to iron things out and ensure everythings doing what you want it to do prior to offering the conversion to the public.

So much as it seemed an ideal thing for my car , the reality is that it wasnt going to work for me given timescales and my location . This is a car I use almost every day all year and not a garage queen or one of many in a fleet that I could not miss for 12 months of a build project, So on reflection I am happy to give it a miss this time round.
maybe a revisit of that option in the future when its tried and tested and openly available.

Based on that outcome Hartech are going to do me a 3.8 rebuild,fit the £3500 cargraphic gen2 200cell cats and headers to go with the rest of my cargraphic set up and remap the car by the best of the best .
I am looking forward to seeing what Baz and the Hartech team can get from a Hartech rebuilt 3.8 gen2 with IPD plenum fabspeed carbon twin cone performance induction kit, a Cargraphic 200 cell performance exhaust and a best of the best custom remap.

I have always been chasing getting my car past the BHP of a GTS while also improving the low mid range power curve, that was my target without fitting a blower or turbos, and if this gets me there it will be money well spent as my goal for this car will have been achieved.

I am just waiting to hear from them re a date for the build slot. :thumb: :thumb:

Ouch, that sounds like a rebuild +++ and mucho dinar Phil :sad:

Shame you can`t go for the 4.0L nutter ba$tard option :sad:

Buy yourself a cheap Boxster S to get your "Porsche Fix" and hang on for the 4.0 would be my way forward :grin:

I know that you are "Philosophical" about the £££ here but that sounds like one hell of a big bill!

Hope the blue beasty comes back to you soon

Mike

Well, a Hartech rebuilt 3.8 is not going to be a bad thing: I look forward to hearing about the build, and the remapping. You may need to spend some time in the north Phil, just to 'supervise'. I'm sure Baz and the team won't mind if you hang out in the 'shop, make some tea and biscuits, and they'll only add a small margin say 5-7% to the bill for your contribution.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back