Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm module repair?

Rallyeman

Magny-Cours
Anyone successfully had their alarm module repaired in the uk?

I know ECU DOCTORS, in Florida offer this service for $850.

I tried the usual tricks, rice, rubbing alcohol to clean, but still dead after water ingress.

986 2.5l manual. 

I've not heard of anyone doing it in the UK but I would also be surprised if there wasn't someone doing this.

I think the favoured repair is to replace everything associated with the alarm module which is not particularly cheap.

Although a quick search and I'm seeing full used sets for a 987 for between £250 and 300.

Thanks
None on eBay for 986 2.5 Manual 😢

There is 2 on eBay, for a 2.7 for £400.
Rang 9Apart, nothing in stock.
Option 2 sell as parts, as non runner, have been offered 2500, which is a decent price, shame because it was a great car, almost prefer it to my 964 :eek:

Water ingress on the alarm CU .. throw it away its toast .. it wont be repairable .

Your bigger problem is how corrodeded the wiring pins in the plugs that go to the alarm cu .. these need to be cleaned ...

Replacement with x1 key head is about £500 .

Ebay options .. you can buy a dme / alarm cu and a key head .. these are matched in a sense .. the code for the imobilisser is in the dme and the alarm cu .

If buying this way then you need the chassis number of the donner vehicle .. if you want to code on another key fob then you will need the IPAS codes for that chassis and not yours .

You can Not code a second hand alarm cu onto your car .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back