Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 indoor car cover

definitely weekend fun. I think it would be fine as a daily, just as long as no ramps! This site is too much of a headache to load pics to, sorry!

Here's mine :)

Attachments

• 798c17d1_6c80_4ce3_863c_e3bf29e9fc60_270.png
    798c17d1_6c80_4ce3_863c_e3bf29e9fc60_270.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,251
Your car is fabulous. The best looking car Porsche has made in recent years.
Is this your first 981?

Yep, had a 993 a while back then VXR220, M2 and now the 981. Agree it's a fantastic all round machine which has provided some great fun over the amazing summer we've had. Hopefully we get another scorcher next year, although I've a new toy arriving next year in the form of a California. 8)

tim993 said:
Hi and yes. Only had her since September - I drove a GTS for three years before making the change. It is better than I ever imagined really, with only a few minor compromises. Probably most surprising is the improvement in handling, grip, steering feel and braking. And what to say about the 3.8 lump? I guess if they'd made this a standard option, then it would have robbed 911 sales? Well, maybe! So far I've not braved any multi-story car-parks, but speed cushions are fine and I'm lucky enough to have a very flat exit from garage to the road, so no issues there. As to the looks, well in my mind it is the most beautiful all round car that they made three years ago. Ok the front bumper on a GTS is actually prettier - the Spyder has a kind of junior GT look which is fine - but the rear deck / wing / etc are just sublime. I'm also rather taken by the wheels, though they look very easy to damage as the edges stick out more than on the GTS, owing to the slightly wider rims. Strangely they have 982 part numbers, so I'm guessing they are used in a current model as well.

:thumbs:

I did not know you had changed :thumb:

How are you getting on with the roof compared to the GTS ? It's the only thing that put me off as I'm always putting it up/down in mixed weather.

Hi jonttt - the roof is a doddle. Of course it is not as convenient as a fully electrical item, however it is well designed and once you know the sequence, it is easy to repeat. The OPC insisted on lessons before I left the dealership - probably an arse covering exercise on their part! With all that, I reckon the road and wind noise with the hood up or down is lower than in the GTS - despite the fact it is a single layer with all of the mechanism and tensioning gubbins visible from the inside.

For me the only caution has been the low lip spoiler at the front. The OPC told me they change the rubber lower edge every time a GT4 or Spyder comes through their stock.

ATB :thumbs:

Evening guys

Can I take this back to life

I have a 981 Cayman gts.

Looking for a part number for the indoor cover.

Is opc best place to buy and what price we looking at retail and then what discount should we expect them to provide!!!!! :D

I'd buy this from an OPC.

Part number is: 981 044 000 04

£225 (which includes vat).

They should give you 10% off if you quote your PCGB membership number. I have no idea if they would do other deals 🤷"â™‚️.

(or what he says below :grin: )

Or you can stalk eBay and pick one up for c£100 :whistle:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back