Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 indoor car cover

mskunert

Hi does anyone know if the standard (OEM Porsche) 981 indoor car cover fits all versions. ie Spyder Many thanks Mark

I got one for my 981 GTS and kept it for the GT4.

It fits great, even over the spoiler! So yes :thumb:

Thanks, that's useful to know. Could you tell me the part no of your cover. :thumb:

Do you know if the 987 cover would fit the 981?

mskunert said:
Hi does anyone know if the standard (OEM Porsche) 981 indoor car cover fits all versions. ie Spyder Many thanks Mark

Hi - there is a specific version of the 981 cover for the Spyder.

Part number: 981 044 000 02

I guess I'll found out soon enough asà­ still have the cover for my sold 987

tim993 said:

That explains why the cover I'm looking at as 981 044 000 00. So there must must be a difference, although if it fits s GT4 with that wing you'd have thought the Spyder would be ok.

mskunert said:
tim993 said:

That explains why the cover I'm looking at as 981 044 000 00. So there must must be a difference, although if it fits s GT4 with that wing you'd have thought the Spyder would be ok.

Compared to the regular 981, the Spyder is a little longer and the bumpers / roof line / mirrors / rear spoiler are a slightly different shape, so I think it would be the safer option.

But as you say. if it fits a GT4... :dont know:

£225, plus 10% off too if you quote your PCGB membership number :thumbs:

So I bought the standard 981 indoor car cover of fleabay, and it fits the Spyder perfectly. Nice saving too :)

mskunert said:
So I bought the standard 981 indoor car cover of fleabay, and it fits the Spyder perfectly. Nice saving too :)

Well done and good to know :thumbs:

How are you find the car / any problems with the ground clearance?

tim993 said:
mskunert said:

Well done and good to know :thumbs:

How are you find the car / any problems with the ground clearance?

Have had the car for 6 months now and really enjoyed it. Feels special every time I drive it, and puts a proper grin on my face. Not going to be using it much over winter as its not a daily so tucked away now for a few months. The ground clearance is not good, and with bumpy roads I have found that I'm scraping the front lip even just reversing out of my drive. I view it as a consumable though which can be replaced when necessary. Do you have a Spyder? What are your thoughts?

Hi and yes. Only had her since September - I drove a GTS for three years before making the change. It is better than I ever imagined really, with only a few minor compromises. Probably most surprising is the improvement in handling, grip, steering feel and braking. And what to say about the 3.8 lump? I guess if they'd made this a standard option, then it would have robbed 911 sales? Well, maybe! So far I've not braved any multi-story car-parks, but speed cushions are fine and I'm lucky enough to have a very flat exit from garage to the road, so no issues there. As to the looks, well in my mind it is the most beautiful all round car that they made three years ago. Ok the front bumper on a GTS is actually prettier - the Spyder has a kind of junior GT look which is fine - but the rear deck / wing / etc are just sublime. I'm also rather taken by the wheels, though they look very easy to damage as the edges stick out more than on the GTS, owing to the slightly wider rims. Strangely they have 982 part numbers, so I'm guessing they are used in a current model as well.

:thumbs:

Congrats on the purchase, any pics? Are you using it as daily or weekend car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back