Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Silly oversight on my OPC warranty

Rob325114

Spa-Francorchamps
I realised this morning that my OPC warranty expires on 1st November. I thought "no problem, i'll just give my OPC a call and extend it over the phone".

However, upon phoning my OPC, they have advised that i need to bring the car in for a 111 point check before they will extend, and they don't have availability for the next few weeks. By that time, any issues they find won't be covered, as the existing policy will have expired.

Does anyone know if the need for a check when you are only extending warranty is party of the nationwide OPC policy? Or if I could call other OPCs to extend the warranty over the phone? After all, OPC are currently liable for any warranty related issues since the car is already covered.

As Magic says, its the renewal process, usually you get a letter well in advance to let you know. In this situation, calling other OPCs is a good idea to see if one can fit you in, but if it were me, I'd book into an indie and get a work list of anything that needs doing as quickly as possible.

Thanks all - lesson learnt on this one. I did indeed get a letter, but work has been manic and the letter went unopened for nearly 2 weeks. I have set my self a calendar reminder for next year.

East London OPC has been kind enough to move some things around and squeeze me in for the day before expiry. Excellent service on getting me out of a tight spot :thumbs:

I never received a letter so got caught out, my OPC said as long as the car was with them for the renewal check before the warranty expired any claims would be honoured. Not sure if this is policy but this is what they told me.

Gottans said:
I never received a letter so got caught out, my OPC said as long as the car was with them for the renewal check before the warranty expired any claims would be honoured. Not sure if this is policy but this is what they told me.

Yea - that's what they confirmed to me. provided the work required is identified before the warranty expires, they will honour the warranty even if it's completed following expiry. i guess that's just fair practice, otherwise it's in their interest to say they don't have capacity to fix the issues until the policy has expired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back