Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear - New Presenters.

So summer before last I decided to push the boat out and stay at Pine Cliffs, Vilamoura rather than stay in our perfectly adequate apartment we normally rent. What a flippin mistake, for the extra money I got cockney builders shouting the odds on mobiles to various trades complete with the full range of 'swears' my kids call them. When it wasn't Alf Garnet bothering me I had arrogant, feral 13 year old kids in gangs roaming the estate :frustrated:

Sorry where was I..... Ohhh yes on week 2 we had another family join us by one of the smaller and quieter pools the complex had to offer, they seemed very nice but the Mum had a Lancashire accent and high pitched voice you could cut glass with but I sort it recognised it, it lessened it's effect on my ears no less !
Yep you've guessed it, it was non other than Sara Cox....
* No I didn't take any pics of her
* She and her family where quiet and unassuming
* Yes she does have a great bod :grin:

Not a fan, but she's a women working for the BBC, so no doubt she will be well rewarded whatever she does ( or doesn't ) achieve :thumbs:

Just finished watching the last episode of Gordon, Gino and Fred's road trip - this one in Scotland, visiting the Clan Ramsey.

I won't go through it in case anyone's yet to watch but let's just say, it was properly LOL hilarious!!

The BBC should ditch Flintoff and McGuinness and get these three to present TG - as presenters I'm not even sure they need to have a long car history or a massive collection, in fact it could be funnier watching them learn the ropes and get into all sorts of scrapes on the track and visiting foreign parts.

The banter between them seems genuine and comes across as similar to Clarkson/Hammond and May, which is likely to be far more entertaining than the pairing the Beeb have gone with.

For anyone that hasn't seen the program, I would recommend giving it a go on catch-up.

Main Force Patrol said:
So summer before last I decided to push the boat out and stay at Pine Cliffs, Vilamoura rather than stay in our perfectly adequate apartment we normally rent. What a flippin mistake, for the extra money I got cockney builders shouting the odds on mobiles to various trades complete with the full range of 'swears' my kids call them. When it wasn't Alf Garnet bothering me I had arrogant, feral 13 year old kids in gangs roaming the estate :frustrated:

Sorry where was I..... Ohhh yes on week 2 we had another family join us by one of the smaller and quieter pools the complex had to offer, they seemed very nice but the Mum had a Lancashire accent and high pitched voice you could cut glass with but I sort it recognised it, it lessened it's effect on my ears no less !
Yep you've guessed it, it was non other than Sara Cox....
* No I didn't take any pics of her
* She and her family where quiet and unassuming
* Yes she does have a great bod :grin:

Not a fan, but she's a women working for the BBC, so no doubt she will be well rewarded whatever she does ( or doesn't ) achieve :thumbs:

I think pictures were in order :worship:

Sorry to be pedantic but she's from Bolton and has a Bolton accent which is a borough of Greater Manchester (since 1974) and not Lancashire. :oops: :wack: :grin:

Today's trivial trivia for you.

Sorry to be pedantic but she's from Bolton and has a Bolton accent which is a borough of Greater Manchester (since 1974) and not Lancashire. Embarassed wack Grin

You know what Alex the trivia of 1974 Lancashire boundary changes wasn't exactly on the top of my mind as I watched her towel herself dry :floor:

911Time said:
Just finished watching the last episode of Gordon, Gino and Fred's road trip - this one in Scotland, visiting the Clan Ramsey.

I won't go through it in case anyone's yet to watch but let's just say, it was properly LOL hilarious!!

The BBC should ditch Flintoff and McGuinness and get these three to present TG - as presenters I'm not even sure they need to have a long car history or a massive collection, in fact it could be funnier watching them learn the ropes and get into all sorts of scrapes on the track and visiting foreign parts.

The banter between them seems genuine and comes across as similar to Clarkson/Hammond and May, which is likely to be far more entertaining than the pairing the Beeb have gone with.

For anyone that hasn't seen the program, I would recommend giving it a go on catch-up.

One of the naturally funniest programs for years. The disagreements and shoot-from-the-hip banter between them is so good, you cant wait for what is coming next.

Ramsey is high-octane TV and always fun to watch

Main Force Patrol said:
Sorry to be pedantic but she's from Bolton and has a Bolton accent which is a borough of Greater Manchester (since 1974) and not Lancashire. Embarassed wack Grin

You know what Alex the trivia of 1974 Lancashire boundary changes wasn't exactly on the top of my mind as I watched her towel herself dry :floor:

:grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back