Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying high(er) mileage cars +common issues

Grooster said:
Sorry to jump in on this thread but I was just wondering if it is possible to contact OPC to get an itemised list of things that have been done to a Porsche over its life, obviously from OPC servicing.
I have a 2008 997.1 with 104k on. It has been under OPC warranty all its life (just ran out OCT 2018) as far as I know and has full OPC history.
It only came with the stamped up book and the last service report from January 2018, so I bought it with some degree of confidence.

It would just be interesting to get a little more of an in depth report in case I want to sell in the future and maybe interesting to know for potential Porsche buyers.

Thanks

Yes. Service departments are usually very helpful with this. Most will provide more detail if you pop in to speak to them instead of asking over phone. You should be able to get info on warranty work but not many will release detailed general non-warranty work as the invoices have the owners info on.

You might need to contact each OPC If the car has been serviced at a few. Not all are able to see each other's records surprisingly.

I believe most will not issue information since the data protection law came into effect earlier this year although this can vary depending on who answers the phone.

I know my local OPC very well, I still had to sign a disclaimer allowing them permision to send me deals/offers to my email address !

99pFlake said:
The good deMort (who's helped me out a great deal and to whom I am eternally grateful) also suggested that if you look at a car, make sure it's started in front of you from cold. If there's smoke from the exhaust, walk away.

I thought even sound 911s sometimes do that as a result of oil sitting in the flat cylinder bores?

I'm sure plenty of us have experienced the cloud of smoke. Parking across a gradient seems to help cause it. Certainly not terminal.

In most cases with OPCs you would have to seek written confirmation from the previous owner to release any service records or data in their name. This is what I have found with Tonbridge.

What they did confirm for me over the phone is the car was serviced at their location between x and y years and verify mileage.

Of course you may find a friendly face who wavers from that view.

Jackzi said:
The 997 you're considering in the South East doesn't happen to be a black one, does it?

Why would you say that? Do you have knowledge on a specific car?

Yup, I was allowed to eyeball the service history on line, just a visual but no print out allowed. The information is there which is great to see. It should be public on the web. like the MOT history?

MWalter said:
Jackzi said:
The 997 you're considering in the South East doesn't happen to be a black one, does it?

Why would you say that? Do you have knowledge on a specific car?

Yes via PPI but at this stage is not answering my messages to share info on why he walked away.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back