Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner

seacow

Well after dreaming for a good while and then debating over my entry point I have taken the plunge and picked up a 2001 C2 and I love it!

Took advantage of a pre purchase inspection given it was 450 miles away - its 95k but low owners and full service history - serviced every year and loads of jobs done in last 12 months.

Couple of picks below from the journey home from Cardiff to Edinburgh!

Attachments

• img_0613_176.jpg
    img_0613_176.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 3,061
  • img_0616_139.jpg
    img_0616_139.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 3,061
  • img_0622_111.jpg
    img_0622_111.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 3,061
  • img_0614_107.jpg
    img_0614_107.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 3,061
  • img_0617_420.jpg
    img_0617_420.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 3,061
Sounds good! Barely run in at 95k...

Hope it brings much joy, sounds like you've been sensible with the PPI.

ps you can easily post pics to the site via something like this
http://tinypic.com/
rather than faffing with photobucket etc.

Robertb said:
Sounds good! Barely run in at 95k...

Hope it brings much joy, sounds like you've been sensible with the PPI.

ps you can easily post pics to the site via something like this
http://tinypic.com/
rather than faffing with photobucket etc.

I never got the hang of photobucket i was trying and failing to attach pictures! Will look at tinypic later and see if i can work it out

I bought the car from near Cardiff and used Barry at The Ramp Room in Newport, near Cardiff. He was recommended by a friend who until recently had a 993. Barry is superb, knows these cars well and drives a 996 himself.

He was incredibly thorough and I got a 9 page report. He spend nearly 3 hours going over the car, including test drive and running diagnostics with 2 different sets of kit.

Both myself and the seller were very impressed. If I wasn't so far away I would be going back there for the servicing.

The report showed up a couple of things to watch and change in future services but all the usual work has been done and its recently had MO30 suspension fitted which is a little hard but on the Moffat to Edinburgh road home was fantastic - and I was taking it easy being day 1!

Congratulations on your purchase.

Re the pictures they need to be below a certain file size to be able to be uploaded as i found out myself having spent ages tryimg to upload and attach them. For everyone of mine i compressed it first then could upload.

seacow said:
its 95k but low owners and full service history - serviced every year and loads of jobs done in last 12 months.

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Nothing at all wrong with that mileage.........I'd sooner have that than one with 30k on it.

Kbald said:
Congratulations on your purchase.

Re the pictures they need to be below a certain file size to be able to be uploaded as i found out myself having spent ages tryimg to upload and attach them. For everyone of mine i compressed it first then could upload.

Brill thanks - pics now added - not the right way round but its a start!!

Looks fantastic. :thumb:

Ah - 996 turbo twists and hard back seats. Looked liked the original buyer knew what he was spec'ing. :thumb:

No doubt many other little extra goodies you'll start to find.

Also the bomb proof 3.4 engine! :grin:

Job no. 1 - get that internal bumper trim back to black. Best method is with a heat gun. Or you can spray it. Short term with mine - I coloured it in with a black magic marker :oops:

alex yates said:
Job no. 1 - get that internal bumper trim back to black. Best method is with a heat gun. Or you can spray it. Short term with mine - I coloured it in with a black magic marker :oops:

Heat gun worked a charm - need a second go to get the nooks and crannies - thanks for the tip!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back