Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Popular/Unpopular Paint Colours

911Time said:
I'm guessing it would be best to give this shade a wide berth :dont know:

Ah all that needs is a white US star on the doors rocket launcher on the roof rack and your good to go with your US spec 996 :grin: :grin:

911Time said:
I'm guessing it would be best to give this shade a wide berth :dont know:
Oh I don't know - maybe if you squint... hard.... in poor light... looking the other way.... it could just be......

Attachments

• singer_dls_g_4000px_online_872_124.jpg
    singer_dls_g_4000px_online_872_124.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 4,121
:floor: :floor: :floor:

With a rocket launcher fitted to the former I guess I could call it a
'Stinger 911' ?? ;)

Porsche family green is awesome on any 911 genus. Forest green also.

Lapis blue is worth a punt.

Though Atlas Grey is my current favourite :thumbs:

Not sure about exterior but you need to avoid inside

Suicide Savannah
Moody Metropole Blue
John Major Grey
Brown/cream with a black exterior (aka Stevie Wonder style)
Dog knob red ('DKR') dash and steering wheel
Anything with overstuffed comfort seats in case the leather sags :thumb:

I like Speed Yellow exterior but kiss of death on Spyder yet OK on GT4 :roll:

Zingari said:
Not sure about exterior but you need to avoid inside

Suicide Savannah
Moody Metropole Blue
John Major Grey
Brown/cream with a black exterior (aka Stevie Wonder style)
Dog knob red ('DKR') dash and steering wheel. :

LMAO :floor: :floor: :floor:

...for a classy classic look blue and black or dark green and black...

...red for screaming mid life crisis, look at me look everyone;I have got a Porsche

...silver for the safe blend into the background you can't see me right look...

...yellow, think red turned up to 11 and driver sporting a Mullet

Still on the subject of interiors.....

Zingers has summed it up very poetically....

Beige - might better on the 991s but on the older cars, unless you have a black dash there is a really bad reflection in the windscreen which is really off-putting - dealers well aware of this and affects price and shift-ability

Pale grey - also difficult to shift on

I did see in 991 in dark brown metallic with dark brown leather interior which looked pretty nice

Boring - but generally, you can't go wrong with black

I don't think you can go too badly wrong on the exterior colours, which are either cool and understated or bright and lairy (and entirely up to you), but the internal colours need a little thought.

As already stated the bright red, light grey and beige interiors are a bit crap, but even beige might work with a grey or black car. I will not however buy a car with a light grey interior. I walked away from a 540 estate once, which was otherwise lovely, as it had an awful, awful grey leather interior. I just couldn't do it, even at a giveaway price.

Over in Dubai and the Middle East, a lot of the 'desert spec' cars are white over beige, or sand coloured, for obvious reasons. You might be able to run a fully red seat in a black interior, if you're brave, and you can of course run colour coded seat backs. What tends to really jar are the turquoise on turquoise and other really 70s matched combinations.

I have a soft spot for the peanut brown interiors - they work so well with grey and red, any many colours, but they don't seem to come up very often. Sadly. I ended up with the very dark blue interior. No one seems to even notice it isn't black. I barely notice these days.

Generally not a fan of black/dark grey colours and I really don't like white/cream cars (Sorry SpongeBob).

Personally I like bold colours, red, blues, greens and yellows.

I am big fan of red leather but I think it only suits silver/grey cars.

Although a black interior is rather safe, it is blood boring. I have Blue leather, (possibly Sea Blue? Similar to Metropole blue) which really suits my Aqua Blue exterior.

I wouldn't worry too much about resale. Someone will always buy your car and having a rare colour combination can be attractive.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder

I had a Lapis blue 986 with grey interior and thought the interior was really boring
I have an artic silver 996 with boxster red interior (black steering wheel lol) and the interior is transformed

991 seam to have a lot more used stock with two tone interiors. I've seriously contemplated black and grey Cars with this interior. The red really works, I think it's the black carpets that reduce the red effect in this one.

Attachments

• 91f889f9_8146_4ccd_807b_347f7c02e8bc_155.jpeg
    91f889f9_8146_4ccd_807b_347f7c02e8bc_155.jpeg
    722.2 KB · Views: 2,687
  • fe131a11_656c_499b_9c91_25b21acab759_318.jpeg
    fe131a11_656c_499b_9c91_25b21acab759_318.jpeg
    448.2 KB · Views: 2,687
Agreed Black over red interior looks nice and less like a blood bath axe murderes all red car

Thank you one and all for your insightful and hilarious comments :)

Finding a car with the condition, spec, mileage and colour combination all in one vehicle might require compromise in one area or another but at least there is an aim.

Thanks again :thumb:

Attachments

• sw_pic_161.jpg
    sw_pic_161.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,650

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back