Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A day in the life of a poor Porsche Mechanic

Blimy a lot more replys than i was expecting !

It was just to give you lot an idea of the sort of things us guys do .. its pretty varied with old and new cars alike.

Alex , Kris .. bless you but i dont come here for reward , i just enjoy helping out and all of us do that not just me .

Rag .. your right young man .. we have the same problems as everyone else .. the only slight advantage is a bit more equipment to help out when it all goes tits up ... i still hate snapped bolts though :D

The 997 pipe job is a bit unusual in that its been a coastal car and is far more corroded than most .. ive dropped god knows how many front diffs on these and never had a problem ..

This one i undid the 15mm nuts but couldnt get the stud out .. i needed to do that to seperate it from the subframe.

The idea was to have the diff on a stand and lower the subframe giving me access .. managed it today though but with limited access .

Heres an unusual couple of problems from today ..

Car has had a gearbox repair , been road tested and was being cleaned ..it then failed to start .. much panicing as the customer was on the way to collect .. at the same time another car in for a speedo waiting job and the customer came back in saying it doesnt start ..

BOTH jobs at the same time had a failed starter relay !!!

I rarely see 1 in maybe a year .. 2 at the same time :eek:

When it rains it pours as i was trying to fix both at the same time lol .

Other than that a boring day back on the 997 which is pretty much done now ..

Btw if acf50 smells better than waxoil then i want to use it .. my eyes are still stinging after the second can !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back