Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 Turbo S boost pressure only 0.6 bar at WOT

Deadspool

Hi All. I recently purchased a 991.1 Turbo S (a late 2013 model) Hi All. I recently purchased a 991.1 Turbo S (a late 2013 model with only 11,000 miles on the clock).

I wanted to ask what it the boost pressure when WOT? 9 times out of 10 I only see a maximum of 0.6 bar of boost when WOT in all three modes - normal, sport and sport + modes. That's 0.6 bar of boost when WOT throughout the rev range (most of the pulls I have done are from 3500RPM all the way to the red line in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears). Sometimes my turbo boost reading is displayed in orange which indicates the over boost function is activated but the boost doesn't surpass 0.5 bar of boost for the whole duration that I am WOT whilst it is orange.

The very few times that I have seen 1.0-1.2 bar of boost is from low speeds the majority of the time when in 1st and 2nd gear. But 9 times out of 10 I don't get past 0.6 bar of boost and the car feels much slower than when it slingshots forward at 1-1.2 bar. I have probably launched the car 30 times in a couple of weeks. I have a Dragy device and the best 62-124MPH (100-200KMH) time I can get is only 8.5 seconds.

As I understand I should experience between 0.9-1.0 bar of boost throughout the rev range.

Do I have a turbo boost issue? Any ideas what it could be?

Thank you in advance.

Is it really April the 1st already ??

What can I say .....

:popcorn:

Deadspool said:

Yes you do. Not sure what the 100-200kmph should be on a standard car but I would have thought sub 7 and you should be getting 1.2 WOT.

I would guess either an actuator rod on the turbo is partially seized (at 13k miles from lack of use) or you could have an air leak somewhere.

maph said:
Deadspool said:

Yes you do. Not sure what the 100-200kmph should be on a standard car but I would have thought sub 7 and you should be getting 1.2 WOT.

I would guess either an actuator rod on the turbo is partially seized (at 13k miles from lack of use) or you could have an air leak somewhere.

You are correct! Just got a call from my local OPC to say that they have completed their diagnostics and have ordered a replacement turbo actuator which should resolve my boost issue 😁. Thank you for all of your help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back