Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 981 Boxster mod thread

isysman said:
tim993 said:
I've just checked: PSE back boxes look just like those in the picture on Planet-9. This is on a 2016 MY car, probably part numbers ending in 06

hope that helps!

What did you compare to?

Hi isysman - I just looked under my car and took a very bad picture as I don't have a ramp. It shows the same design and that distinctive weld line to the picture you found on planet 9. I didn't measure or anything, but it looks the same. :dont know:

tim993 said:
isysman said:
tim993 said:
I've just checked: PSE back boxes look just like those in the picture on Planet-9. This is on a 2016 MY car, probably part numbers ending in 06

hope that helps!

What did you compare to?

Hi isysman - I just looked under my car and took a very bad picture as I don't have a ramp. It shows the same design and that distinctive weld line to the picture you found on planet 9. I didn't measure or anything, but it looks the same. :dont know:

Ok thanks. It's a mystery what the differences are...

I think the only mystery is possibly to marry up the change in part number to geography and/ or chassis numbers (model years?). There is nothing in the PET that suggests the GTS had a specific set of mufflers. The effect of the additional intake plumbing and the resonant diaphragm, plus a different engine map could easily explain on their own the comment about a GTS exhaust sounding louder. I think...

Are you thinking of fitting 'permanent' PSE or switchable? (Not sure if OPC can retro fit the button too)

I like the switching option - nice and quiet around town or on longer motorway journeys and then you can turn it on when you want to have fun

£2000 does not seem to bad.... I was quoted that to retro-fit OEM parking sensors to MRs L's BMw 140i!

Had a small accident today in my Boxster. :nooo:

Was reversing into a parking space on the street, I lined up with the car in front to reverse into and a car from the other side of the road crossed over and drove straight into the spot as I reversed. I hit him in the rear driver door. It's really put a dampener on my mood.

Not too much damage on my car but I'm pretty gutted. I've already contacted Road & Race to get it sorted. I polished out what I could so I'm left with a small gouge and some small scratches but the bumper is slightly misaligned now. Hopefully won't have to wait too long to get it fixed.

Ouch, was it Zingari :dont know:

mikeluke said:
Are you thinking of fitting 'permanent' PSE or switchable? (Not sure if OPC can retro fit the button too)

I like the switching option - nice and quiet around town or on longer motorway journeys and then you can turn it on when you want to have fun

£2000 does not seem to bad.... I was quoted that to retro-fit OEM parking sensors to MRs L's BMw 140i!

Yes they fit the button as well. It's the full system as it would be from the factory.

Re your exhaust pics, the lower one is identical to my GTS sports exhaust. To me the top one appears to be a standard one as I think that the 'cut out' is where the valve system goes. Unlike the 987 Cayman R with a larger primary diameter, I do not think there is any difference between the 981 GTS and the S exhausts.

isysman said:
Had a small accident today in my Boxster. :nooo:

Was reversing into a parking space on the street, I lined up with the car in front to reverse into and a car from the other side of the road crossed over and drove straight into the spot as I reversed. I hit him in the rear driver door. It's really put a dampener on my mood.

Not too much damage on my car but I'm pretty gutted. I've already contacted Road & Race to get it sorted. I polished out what I could so I'm left with a small gouge and some small scratches but the bumper is slightly misaligned now. Hopefully won't have to wait too long to get it fixed.

That's a bummer ........ :nooo:

So took my car to Road & Race today and had the estimate done on the repair work after the rear bump. He said it would need a new bumper and paint of course. I'm pretty sure the bumper is the same as the GTS with the exception of the defuser so I think whilst they are replacing the bumper I will have the defuser fitted! :D

:thumb: Always a silver lining.

I think the GTS rear diffuser is a simple and well proven mod

You'll be getting 991 LED indicators next :grin:

isysman said:
I hit him in the rear driver door.

I'd have hit him somewhere else chum. Bad manners indeed :nooo:

Congrats on the new car Iss! :thumb:
habe you had the PSE done yet?
I seem to remember Porsche UK had a campaign on for PSE last year. Circa £1400 all in.
The Apple CarPlay looks interesting............... :thumb:

michelin said:
Congrats on the new car Iss! :thumb:
habe you had the PSE done yet?
I seem to remember Porsche UK had a campaign on for PSE last year. Circa £1400 all in.
The Apple CarPlay looks interesting............... :thumb:

Thanks, car is in now having it done. I'm supposed to be collecting it today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back