Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S

We'll ask the mods to remove these...

Stop folks dribbling on their screens!

that's a very pretty car.

Lovely looking car :D Tip if you want a bit better economy in town, put it into Snow mode. It makes the g/box shift up earlier, but don't suppose you will be considering that to begin with. Enjoy the noise especially hot starts :eek: brmm brmm :hand:

UPDATE:- One week into ownership now and loving it. still getting used to it but actually not missing the 911, (was worried I would)!
Seems so modern compared to it.
Sounds superb and so smooth, gearbox is leagues ahead of the Tiptronic I had.
Managed a few blasts with roof down which is a different experience (last rag top was a 1978 MGB) in short I'm impressed.
Lets hope it continues :D

That looks great. I expect to see you arrive top down next month

Lovely car but just a heads-up... my Dad is a Jag club member and I was reading one of his mags a while ago - there is an increasing chorus of owners complaining about corrosion on the suspension/underside of their F Types, and Jaguar seemed to be dragging their heels a bit.

Maybe something to have checked and remedied if necessary while you are still in the early stages with the dealer.

If they check out ok, probably worth getting treated with ACF50 or something.

I'm already on it, got some afc50 to treat bits underneath myself, had all 4 wheels off and treated bits under wheel arches, given rims good clean and Poorbouys wheel sealer, have to say wheel finish and brake caliper finish isn't up to Porsche standards though.
My OCD is kicking in already. :eek:

stucart said:
I'm already on it, got some afc50 to treat bits underneath myself, had all 4 wheels off and treated bits under wheel arches, given rims good clean and Poorbouys wheel sealer, have to say wheel finish and brake caliper finish isn't up to Porsche standards though.
My OCD is kicking in already. :eek:

Good :thumb:

I love Jaguars... had a few over the years, last being an X150 XKR 4 litre. Fabulous thing. Its annoying (for me) that the F Types are holding their value so well!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back