Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic 944 incoming

Thanks, greatly appreciated will do :thumb:

Just compiling a list of jobs, first being can't work out the bloody sunroof!

Superb cars, very underrated :thumb:

I have a 944 turbo what trouble are you having with the sunroof, may be able to help.

Regards

Glenn

I have a 944 turbo what trouble are you having with the sunroof, may be able to help.

Regards

Glenn

glennfpayton said:

Regards

Glenn

Thanks Glen, just trying to work out how to operate it. Not fully been through the car. I'm assuming it electric, I've pulled the front tabs, then I have a button on the console which the markings have worn out which I believe is the sunroof switch. Just can't figure out how to remove the panel?

The car was sat for a while, I think the battery needs replacing which may also not be helping. It takes a couple of turns to start up, the instruments don't work until the cars been running for a while.

Hi Toddy

Have sent a pm to you. Picture below to help (I hope)

Regards

Glenn

Attachments

• sunroof_button_174.jpg
    sunroof_button_174.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 6,690
Hi Toddy

Have sent a pm to you. Picture below to help (I hope)

Regards

Glenn

Attachments

• sunroof_button_128.jpg
    sunroof_button_128.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 6,689
Ignition needs to be at post 1 minimum you should then be able to operate the roof, have you got an owners manual ?the drive cogs for the sunroof are plastic and are famous for stripping, designed that way so as not to over tighten.
No sunroof in mine, Porsche stripped all the weight from the top of the car and deleted the heavy sunroof, fitted a lighter single ply screen, fitted split fold rear seats so as to ditch the heavy roller blind, mine is now back on the drive after a full brake rebuild, Turbo S came with MO30 which included bigger brakes from the 928, they look like something off a Scania truck !
As chief said very underrated, mine runs higher boost and can shift as well as stop and attack corners.
Took some pics tonight trying to post them is a PITA unless someone has a dummy's guide
P

:) :) :D :D

Lovely run about :D

I used to have a 944S in Alpine White - they really do look good in white :grin:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back