Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

As it get colder the dont forget list

It's worth the time to check tyre pressures and condition of tyres all round , it's worth getting the wheels off for this sometimes inside walls can have nicks and damage not always apparent from the usual viewpoint ..

Lubricate rubbers on 'The Frunk' too ......

I like to treat the engine compartment with Aerospace 303 protectant ( follow instructions carefully) ..swear by this stuff.....

T

Essential for 993 owners for when in the garage:

$_32.JPG

Reminds me who was the owner that was bored over winter and inflated the compacted spare wheel as he was amazed how it operated :dont know:

reminds me of Billy Connolly and the Big Slipper...

Thanks for the heads up, have seen ACF 50 mentioned a few times on this forum so have just ordered some.

As above generally how much do you need to do under the car?

Gents re the ACF quantity needed depends on how liberal you want to be with the application , you cant go wrong if you buy 2 get the undertays off and spray away if you have some left it can stay in the mancave until next time. avoid spraying the brakes .

Terry, Aerospace 303 protectant I have heard of it being used on cab roofs etc but didnt realise it could be used under the car aswell as said further up using anything has to be better than using nothing and if that works for you great and worth considering by others.

good call on checking tyre condition :thumb: :thumb:

Mike I may have to send a pot of Gummi up to Hartech to do my winter prep on the doorrs :floor: :floor:

Zingari said:
Essential for 993 owners for when in the garage:

$_32.JPG

Reminds me who was the owner that was bored over winter and inflated the compacted spare wheel as he was amazed how it operated :dont know:

Zingers, I have never seen a communal penis warmer before , good find :grin: :grin: :grin:

:eek:

Phil 997 said:
Gents re the ACF quantity needed depends on how liberal you want to be with the application , you cant go wrong if you buy 2 get the undertays off and spray away if you have some left it can stay in the mancave until next time. avoid spraying the brakes

Thanks Phil i should have enough with what I ordered then 8)

Gummy Phlegm arrived and duly applied to rubber seals on Boxster

In a similar vein....

Any recommendations for cleaning up my wife's (exhaust) tips and protecting them for the winter? They need a bit of a clean and polish but I was wondering if you can apply any form of wax or sealant on them?

Thanks

Winter? You might want an ice scraper, a long handled snow brush, a (folding) snow shovel, some knee pads, jumper cables/jump start power pack, a travel blanket, some gravel in an old Pringles tin (believe me, this can be a godsend on ice...), a tow rope, as well as the hi-viz, warning triangle, torch, spare mobile phone etc.

I put a room dehumidifier (container of silica gel) in mine for the winter - you can buy small ones in B&Q, homebase etc. for the last couple of years I used the onetime use versions, this year I upgraded to the type you can dry out in the microwave.

It just means there is no condensation on the inside on those very cold mornings - especially if it hasn't been driven for a few days. Works a treat.

MaxA said:
Winter? You might want an ice scraper, a long handled snow brush, a (folding) snow shovel, some knee pads, jumper cables/jump start power pack, a travel blanket, some gravel in an old Pringles tin (believe me, this can be a godsend on ice...), a tow rope, as well as the hi-viz, warning triangle, torch, spare mobile phone etc.

Bloody Hell Max , we dont all live 5 miles from the arctic mate :grin: :grin: :grin: speaking of spare mobile phone those mini chargers that will jump the car and charge the phone etc are a good idea I keep mine in the glove box after it was pointed out to me that although in the frunk is a neat place how do you get to it if the battery goes flat :grin: :grin: mmmmmm good point I thought so its now in the glove box. :thumb:

Max this is what you need :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• porsche_carrera_gt_tank_735.jpg
    porsche_carrera_gt_tank_735.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,856
Ghianightmare said:
I put a room dehumidifier (container of silica gel) in mine for the winter - you can buy small ones in B&Q, homebase etc. for the last couple of years I used the onetime use versions, this year I upgraded to the type you can dry out in the microwave.

It just means there is no condensation on the inside on those very cold mornings - especially if it hasn't been driven for a few days. Works a treat.

good tip mate never considered that :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:

Bloody Hell Max , we dont all live 5 miles from the arctic mate :grin: :grin: :grin: speaking of spare mobile phone those mini chargers that will jump the car and charge the phone etc are a good idea I keep mine in the glove box after it was pointed out to me that although in the frunk is a neat place how do you get to it if the battery goes flat :grin: :grin: mmmmmm good point I thought so its now in the glove box. :thumb:

Max this is what you need :thumb: :thumb:

I know some of you live on the Costa Geriatrica, but some of the rest of you live in the wilds of Yorkshire and Scotland, where snow tends to fall.

I'd say that if you just take two things for winter, a decent snow brush (with ice scraper built in) is a must have, as well as a tow rope. If you do slide into a ditch, you'll need a rope to help get you out; many people might stop, but since nobody carries a rope, they'll not be able to get you back on the tarmac. At best they can commiserate, shrug their shoulders, or give you a lift to the pub. :what:

PS I wouldn't want a tracked vehicle from Russia, as some of my neighbours would inevitably take a pot shot at me, or throw a Molotov Cocktail.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back