Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayenne 955 -restoring her back

Cayenne muffler bypass- a little bit of fettling

I am sure a ton of people have done this s thought I would have a go.

Taking the stock Cayenne S Exhaust and doing a muffler bypass. This is the sound before adding the tubing which has a link below

Before

https://youtu.be/0-_pbAY4uAQ

Then took the tips off and pushed this tubing through after cutting the small bypass valve out

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051OD9H6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and now sounds like a turbo :)

https://youtu.be/k2GSrjCpcGk

:thumb: That's a job well done ! Sort of job id do, satisfying every time you look at the rear!

stucart said:
:thumb: That's a job well done ! Sort of job id do, satisfying every time you look at the rear!

You are dead right. Because there was such a difference on the before and after, it made it worth while. I could see about 30 minutes in that it was going to be worth it so persevered. I hate those jobs that you start and after 30 mins it looks like you have just been sitting around doing nothing , so unsatisfactory. But in this case it turned out well and still now 3 months on they look just as good. Much easier to maintain as well

Nice job and excellent result, I'm planning on doing similar to my 964 heat exchangers next year when my engine is removed.
Was that a metal polishing kit you bought for a machine polisher? Or does it run off of a drill

All from a drill , you can get kits with polishing pads and wax sticks and an arbour all in one
Just make sure you used a corded drill as all the polishing will run down a cordless really quickly !

Small tweak

A shame we don't have a thread in here that us Cayenne owners can update as we do small changes , save having to start numerous threads. But anyway

A small change ...the shift surround was all mottled and looked rubbish. You can see by these pictures how dull the silver was.

IMG_2971 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_2972 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Luckily this is one of the few parts that is painted silver but is actually metal. So out came the fine wet and dry grade and got rid of the awful silver.
Then simply polished it up to a fine shine and gave it a coating to protect against finger prints.
Think it looks better

IMG_3005 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3006 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Looks great!..start a restoration thread that you can update :thumb:

Re: Small tweak

swisstony said:
A shame we don't have a thread in here that us Cayenne owners can update as we do small changes , save having to start numerous threads. But anyway

That's great work, looks a great refresh. :thumb:

So why not start your own thread and it can just remain open for updates and mods etc?

pzero said:
swisstony said:

So why not start your own thread and it can just remain open for updates and mods etc?

Good idea, if I start a restoration thread can you , as a moderator, combine all my threads into one ? Obviously I can't do that being a humble newbie :)

Don't know why Porsche didn't do it like that in the first place.

Zorro said:
Don't know why Porsche didn't do it like that in the first place.

They had a lot of silver paint left over and being our little industrious german friends, decided to use it all :)

swisstony said:
pzero said:
swisstony said:

Good idea, if I start a restoration thread can you , as a moderator, combine all my threads into one ? Obviously I can't do that being a humble newbie :)

Yes, if you wish, I can transfer your existing refurb and update posts into the new thread that you are going to create. From there on just keep adding the updates to it, similar to other build threads.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back