Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

As it get colder the dont forget list

Phil 997

Its reaching that time of year again and time for my annual reminder especially for any new members or new owners.

As the cars have no door frame the glass will freeze to the rubbers this will make it hard to get in and the window motor will go into a mad moment as it cant drop the glass a few mm or get it back up. use Gummi-Pflege around the door rubbers it will make your life much easier on a frosty morning .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Nextzett-9...Care-Stick/1005414647?iid=362437817165&chn=ps

Also give everything under the car except the brakes a really good coating of ACF-50

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/acf-50.htm

check your anti freeze and I am sure others have little snips of advise on getting your 911 through the winter without wrapping it in a blanket and storing it away until spring . :thumb: :thumb:

deMort said:
As it gets to that time of the year .. ill just be putting my inner liners on my jacket and trousers .. hmm .. 5mins work :D

and there was me thinking you applied a liberal coating of waxoyle to all your moving parts mate :floor: :floor: :floor:

160dmb said:
Increased screen wash strength

good call :thumb: :thumb:

If you have any screen chips, get them sorted otherwise the cold weather will make you replace your screen.....stupid conker

FZP said:
If you have any screen chips, get them sorted otherwise the cold weather will make you replace your screen.....stupid conker

who you calling a stupid conker Frank :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

Phil, I was 400m outside of OPC driveway after dodging a massive bullet with some stuck spark plugs, feeling content with the world and then bang.
Must have chipped the glass and then that night was cold, pull out the driveway and a 6 inch crack as the car twisted.
I nearly went back to cut the f****** tree down. :wall:

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

Phil, I was 400m outside of OPC driveway after dodging a massive bullet with some stuck spark plugs, feeling content with the world and then bang.
Must have chipped the glass and then that night was cold, pull out the driveway and a 6 inch crack as the car twisted.
I nearly went back to cut the f****** tree down. :wall:

:nooo: thats a real bummer mate , hope you had windscreen Insurance :thumb: stupid conker :grin: :grin:

....... I have never had a conker crack my glass and I have hit a few ...... in my time ....... :?:

But thanks for the reminder as I picked up a nasty windscreen chip whilst on my last European jaunt that needs to be sorted.

Swampy said:
Phil 997 said:
As the cars have no door frame the glass will freeze to the rubbers this will make it hard to get in and the window motor will go into a mad moment as it cant drop the glass a few mm or get it back up. use Gummi-Pflege around the door rubbers it will make your life much easier on a frosty morning .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Nextzett-9...Care-Stick/1005414647?iid=362437817165&chn=ps

Thanks for that Phil, just ordered :) :thumbs:

:thumb: :thumb:

Phil

Have you sent the link to the guys at Hartech?

:)

Good timing Phil....!

That's the Gummi stuff & ACF ordered ....the interzoob is a great thing .....sat here in Kazakhstan ordering bits to turn up as I arrive home ..😏😏😎😎

I love it when the boxes arrive and go straight to the Cave.....

I tried the Gummi for first time last winter ..it's the biz.......

Daft question on the ACF-50

Do you just spray everything under the car that you can see? And is one aerosol can enough to do the whole car?

Might need to jack the car up to get at it....

Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back