Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports cats & OEM exhaust

Drew1209

I've got myself a pair of top gear 200 cell cross over cats but didn't like the sound with the mild sport boxes, has anyone here done the cat upgrade with the standard boxes, no PSE here either

Unfortunately I can't help but interested to know more about what you didn't like about the top gear set up?

Drew why didnt you go for the valved boxes from TG rather than the mild , that way you get a stealth mode and a gates of hell mode.

jezgreen911 said:
Unfortunately I can't help but interested to know more about what you didn't like about the top gear set up?

This, could you also comment on how loud the system was versus standard?

To be fair it was in another car I heard the set up and it did sound good after 4K but the drone inside the cabin below 4K was terrible. PSE is still the best I have heard but if adding 200cell cats to this will it ruin the sound that's why I'm tempted to try standard silencers with the 200 cell cats.

I didn't think the mild sport would have been so noisy so I was surprised when I was in the car but I dare say the sports cats will have altered the sound also

Phil 997 said:
Drew why didnt you go for the valved boxes from TG rather than the mild , that way you get a stealth mode and a gates of hell mode.

I can certainly agree with Phil. I had the 200 cell cats and valved boxes fitted last week. Only driven the car a couple of times since as I'm out the country at the moment but with the valves closed it is slightly quieter than a PSE with the valves open and sounds very similar.

Valves closed there is no drone at all at motorway speeds and above.

Valves open as Phil says is like the gates of hell have opened but it is so addictive. I will post a video next week when I'm back in the country and get my tail pipes positioned correctly with new connector pipes.

I have pse and the intake mod/panel filter and thinking pretty hard about putting straight 200cell cats also: any body got any sound clips? Of 200cell straight cats with Pse on and off on a 3.4? You tube brings nowt..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back