Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many 991 owners have we got on 911uk.com?

MJA911 said:
Very pleased with the recent acquisition, added black rear badges and lookey likey Carrera T side decals.

How did you put the badges on, did you use a template ?

Decals look cool, where they from was thinking about some for mine.

Yep, Platinum Silver.

Here is my 991.2 GTS in PTS Nardo Grey, I collected it back at the end of May this year, after PX'ing my 997 GTS Coupe. absolutely love it, its a great all round car which i use daily.

Attachments

• 9912_gts_208.jpg
    9912_gts_208.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3,332
basilbrush said:
Here is my 991.2 GTS in PTS Nardo Grey, I collected it back at the end of May this year, after PX'ing my 997 GTS Coupe. absolutely love it, its a great all round car which i use daily.

That's very nice. Did you spec the car? Really nice to see something very different.

G2 said:
basilbrush said:

That's very nice. Did you spec the car? Really nice to see something very different.

Thanks :thumb: Whilst i'd like to say yes i spec'd it, i would be in fact lying. i happened to pop in to the OPC on the complete off chance, as i was killing time whilst my wife was at an appointment just to see if they had any 991.1 GTS in stock.

After a short chat with the sales guy he advised that they had just had a 991.2 delivered which was well spec'd... as soon as he showed it to me with all the delivery wrapping still on it, i fell in love and had to have it!

The car itself was spec'd by the sales guys to generate a demo and then used stock. i got to test drive a 991.2 Targa as this car was not even PDI'd to get an idea of what a 3.0 turbo was like. and then put a deposit on it.

Nowt wrong with that Tony. Both of mine were specced as demos, both moved on way faster than the dealerships expected :thumb: like yours it means a great spec.

It appears the unusual colours are very very rarely specced by owners from new. But they end up highly prized later on. Not saying it's right or wrong to spec more subdued cars but I'm certainly grateful that someone does! :thumb:

Pic of mine taken by the nice clickers at the Charity Goodwood event. First time I've ever turned up with a gazillion flies on it :redcard: :coat:

Attachments

• ab3decbd_3ec1_4283_8b97_58c99a22df89_404.jpeg
    ab3decbd_3ec1_4283_8b97_58c99a22df89_404.jpeg
    689.8 KB · Views: 4,042
That's a great story @basilbrush, can see why you felt you had to have it, the Nardo grey, black wheels with those yellow calipers is a stunning combination, fresh but not flash, modern but will look good for years to come IMO.

What other goodies did they spec? What are the interior colours?

PS. The Rivera Blue, platinum satin wheels, decals and aero not too shabby either G2 :thumb:

G2 said:
Nowt wrong with that Tony. Both of mine were specced as demos, both moved on way faster than the dealerships expected :thumb: like yours it means a great spec.

It appears the unusual colours are very very rarely specced by owners from new. But they end up highly prized later on. Not saying it's right or wrong to spec more subdued cars but I'm certainly grateful that someone does! :thumb:

Pic of mine taken by the nice clickers at the Charity Goodwood event. First time I've ever turned up with a gazillion flies on it :redcard: :coat:

:thumb: looks like you have a very nice gen 1 car! i do like the blue as well...

typical that they snap you when the car is dirty

MJA911 said:
That's a great story @basilbrush, can see why you felt you had to have it, the Nardo grey, black wheels with those yellow calipers is a stunning combination, fresh but not flash, modern but will look good for years to come IMO.

PS. The Rivera Blue, platinum satin wheels, decals and aero not too shabby either G2 :thumb:

thanks for the kind words, i plan to keep it for a very long time, and like you i also think it will still look good in years to come. the car has the following spec:

RWS
PCCB
LWB Seats
front axle lift
Bose sound
cruise control
PDLS (black led headlights)
Carbon illuminated sills
carbon steering wheel
carbon interior trim
Alcantara GTS interior package (rhodium silver)
glass roof
privacy glass
park assist with camera

will try and dig out some other pics
:thumb:

MJA911 said:

thanks for the kind words, i plan to keep it for a very long time, and like you i also think it will still look good in years to come. the car has the following spec:

RWS
PCCB
LWB Seats
front axle lift
Bose sound
cruise control
PDLS (black led headlights)
Carbon illuminated sills
carbon steering wheel
carbon interior trim
Alcantara GTS interior package (rhodium silver)
glass roof
privacy glass
park assist with camera

will try and dig out some other pics
:thumb:

Planning on going the December Bicester hertitage if anyone is going 👍

I guess that's the 'Porsche Christmas at Bicester Heritage" on 9th December that PCCG emailed about a few days ago?

Yes. Sorry thought it was an open one again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back