Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Ducktail spoiler

Endoman said:
I was surprised too. When I did the swap the original struts just didn't hold. Possibly the longer length accounts for it. Archimedes principal Class 2 levers.

Weird - mine are fine. (touch wood they stay that way...)

Being a curious (/skeptical b'tard) I just asked Gert at Carnewal who sold me mine. He reckons the genuine RS is lighter, which is what I'd bet. (With no actual facts behind me, I admit).

Tobesetc said:
Endoman said:
I was surprised too. When I did the swap the original struts just didn't hold. Possibly the longer length accounts for it. Archimedes principal Class 2 levers.

Weird - mine are fine. (touch wood they stay that way...)

Being a curious (/skeptical b'tard) I just asked Gert at Carnewal who sold me mine. He reckons the genuine RS is lighter, which is what I'd bet. (With no actual facts behind me, I admit).

My car came with Areokit II, so already had the stronger arms.
When I fitted a standard lid, I needed to disconnect one of the gas arms - or it would have gone straight through the rear window! It was like a catapult....

Now I've got the RS lid on, I've got them both connected again, though I do still feel the need to hold the lid as I release the pull cord.

I agree with Endoman though. I still have the original complete lid, and there isn't a great deal in weight difference - the RS lid being only slightly heavier.

Got the spoiler and deck lid all in one piece - so I assume it came with the appropriate struts, as it's held up fine. Feels very light for a decent size spoiler mind.

Out of interest, has anyone had any experience of a 993 with a ducktail spoiler? Is it a terrible idea as an alternative to an RS rep?

Do you mean a proper ducktail like this? ....... Sundeep runs one on his 993.

30604570_1946903062198811_1194584968005681152_n.jpg

There's a group buy on 993 Ducktails over on Rennlist right now. :thumb:

Think they look great on a lowered standard looking car.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back