Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted : 996 facelift litronic left headlight

uk996

Spa-Francorchamps
After a reasonably priced good condition 996 facelift headlamp for the passenger side.

Or

I'm also interested if it's damaged, as I may be able to transplant the parts to my one which has a damaged internal bezel.

Photo below should explain it.

kpY0OsK.jpg

We could get together and buy a pair?

PM sent.

Mike

The headlights do come apart although its a very intricate unit. I fixed an earth wire that had broken in mine and had to remove most of the internals to do so.

What is the part that has broken off, couldn't you strip the headlight and superglue the broken bit back in place?

The part that's broken is highlighted by a red circle. My initial reaction was to find a replacement, but they're so, so expensive. Even secondhand, they're not cheap, since the damage is cosmetic and doesn't affect the light and the part that's broken off is under the fluted part, I may just disassemble and stick it back together.

Now much do you want to pay? I work with someone who has a spare pair from his 996 Turbo and he should sell them.

I can see the broken part circled, just wondered what part of the headlight it was from?

I would Defo be repairing rather than paying the prices that they go for.

I did a bit of a write up when I stripped mine which may help. I also need to take mine apart again as a piece of reflector has come loose inside the headlight and needs fitting back in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back