Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Boxster buying (now 2.7 Vs 3.4?)

2.7 ( I thought they were 2.9 ) :nooo:

You just know it has to be an S :thumb:

My 987.1 3.2 seems to run out of puff on track :sad:

As Raggy says, there is no replacement for displacement :grin:

mikeluke said:
jkeith said:
Hi Isysman,

This car is being sold by a neighbour, a very good example. PM me if you need any more information.

http://www.dg-porsche.co.uk/981-boxster-s-2/

Cheers, Keith.

Keith

Nice looking car - no sports exhaust though!

I agree, but, that can be remedied without too much money to get exactly the right exhaust note. It actually sounds nice as is.....

Cheers, Keith.

kurlykris said:
2.7 ( I thought they were 2.9 ) :nooo:

You just know it has to be an S :thumb:

My 987.1 3.2 seems to run out of puff on track :sad:

As Raggy says, there is no replacement for displacement :grin:

The 987.2 (non S) is a 2.9. The 981 non S is a 2.7

Yes I'll get the S model if I can find one with the right spec.

Saw a car this morning, I think I'm going to make an offer. Unusual colours so had to see it first. Drove well and has a good spec. More to follow...

My 'S' is absolutely superb. It has most options that the GTS has.
They are such a beautiful car styling wise and obviuosly nosie wise especially with PSE :thumb:
Pics when you are ready Sir!

michelin said:
My 'S' is absolutely superb. It has most options that the GTS has.
They are such a beautiful car styling wise and obviuosly nosie wise especially with PSE :thumb:
Pics when you are ready Sir!

I am being super careful about this car until I have it in the bag. I have placed a deposit on it and it's booked in to Porsche Wilmslow Friday for a PPI but until I get the keys I'm keeping quiet after what happened with the last car.

I can say the car has almost every option I wanted bar a couple of things that I will document and sort out pretty quickly once I have it. Super excited to get the car, just hope Porsche give it a clean bill of health. If all goes well I should have it this weekend.

981 2.7 is a good choice but you are likely to be let down by the lack of options on it given cost of some extras starts to push buyers into the 'S' model.

I'll take a 2.7 when they come down to sub £20k (which will ne next year) and run it as a daily :thumb:

Upon reading Zingaris comments on sub 20k 981's, I thought he'd lost it and was going to ask for £10 of what ever he'd been smoking this evening.
Autotrader supports his prediction. :eek:
That sorts Mrs P upgrade next year

Zingari said:
981 2.7 is a good choice but you are likely to be let down by the lack of options on it given cost of some extras starts to push buyers into the 'S' model.

I'll take a 2.7 when they come down to sub £20k (which will ne next year) and run it as a daily :thumb:

The car I was looking at was a Black Edition and it had every option going! Hence me looking at it as an option. I think the only option it didn't have was extended leather.

Zingari said:

No rose tinted spec here chum :grin:

isysman said:
Zingari said:

The car I was looking at was a Black Edition and it had every option going! Hence me looking at it as an option. I think the only option it didn't have was extended leather.

did it have your favourite brakes ?

I wanted to follow up and maybe close this thread with the following information regarding the 'service' I received from various Porsche dealerships during the process of buying a car.

I contacted four Porsche dealerships for help sourcing a car over the last 12 months or so. The following dealerships:

Wilmslow
Bolton
Chester
Cardiff

Of the four, only one of them ever contacted me to offer potential cars for sale.

WILMSLOW
Wilmslow was the biggest disappointment for me as I have been a customer there for the last 5 years buying my 997 there and spending over £20,000 in parts whilst doing the conversion.

I made many attempts to get someone to try to source a car, and I even went in there and complained to two different salespeople to try to motivate them into action. At no point did any of the three people ever send me details on any car. I even turned up at the dealership on occasion to see a 981 Boxster in the showroom but no email or call ever.

(NOTE: Service and Parts guys are still awesome here and I'll continue to use them for those services)

BOLTON
I've already explained what happen at Bolton, selling two cars from under me whilst waiting for Oliver the salesman to get back to me with details of a price for a trade in on my car (still waiting).

CHESTER
I even broke my promise to myself and returned to Chester to look at a GTS they had and to talk to a chap who said he would be happy to source a Boxster for me and that he would be in touch in approx a week. I had no further contact from him or anyone else at that dealership.

CARDIFF
The dealership that actually did its job was Cardiff. After contacting a chap call Ben Voden about a white Boxster, he sent me a personal video link, showing me around the car and talking to me about it and the differences between it and my 987 (which he had clearly researched). I decided the car just had too few of the options I was looking for so passed on that car.

Today he contacted me again about another car - he left a voicemail for me and and followed up with an email with details. I replied that I had found a car privately but that I appreciated his help and told him briefly about the experience I had with the others.

If and when I'm in the market for a new Porsche I'll be contacting him first as it seems he actually does his job. So bravo Porsche Cardiff.

So to finish, if you are reading this thread and don't know, I did buy a car privately with a great spec.You can see details in the following thread.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130579

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back