Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 2 PCM 2009 - Music Stream

Myasinax said:
systech1 said:
Gizmo750 said:
I just bought a cable / adaptor from Apple to stream Spotify from my iPhone so if you have the audio interface I can't see why you would need more than that. It's essentially the same as the adaptor you've linked to but it has a cable "middle" part which allows it to fit in the arm rest

Part code is MD824ZM/A

IIRC the iPod connector on the Audio interface in the 997.2 does NOT provide the correct number DC (5V?) power for the iPod ( or Bovee Bluetooth adaptor or whatever) which is why you need the Porsche Y cable. The USB part of the adapter cable provides the DC. I use a small 2 port USB adaptor and use one port for a USB stick for a heap of songs

Hi mate

Can you elaborate on the 2 port splitter, I want to keep the iPhone charged (USB to lightning cable) and also what format do you have the USB stick in to read music to the PCM3 module? FAT32?

Cheers

The 2 port USB hub I used appears to be no longer available so you will need to find a 2 port variant of something like this...https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Port-...679787&hash=item2ed06e7ef9:g:33QAAOxyCGNTO4J5

You need something with a cable to enable access to the USB port in the car.

FAT32 is fine. IIRC, the largest USB size you can use reliably is 16GB

I use a wired solution with my 6s+ consisting of the following:

Porsche Y cable.
APPLE Lightning to 30-pin Adapter £29. Only a genuine one made by Apple worked
Lighting extension cable,1metre. £7 (amazon)
Breffo Spiderpodium Flexible Grip/Mount Car Phone Holder. £15 (Amazon)

The mount goes into the vents. Pretty useful as I use the phone with Waze a lot.
This set up gives phone charging, track display on PCM, full control of all music/podcast apps that I have tried. The phone still connect to the PCM's Bluetooth for calls etc.

My car is a 997.2 with the universal audio interface option.

James M-S said:
I use a 64GB thumb drive in mine. Just takes a while to read all the tracks.

Does the PCM play all .mp3 files on your thumb drive? When I tried to use a 32Gb FAT formatted drive, I found that roughly half of my tracks got skipped over. Could have something to do with the encoding of the files but I couldn't work out a pattern.

Phil 997 said:
c4kum said:
Ok, you seem to already have the y cable, the usb cable on the Y cable needs to be plugged into the usb socket, all you then need is a Bovee 1000 30pin device, that's is and stream until your heart is content.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :agree: :thumb: stream bluetooth , theres other ways to do it that will mean pluging the phone in every time for a hard wire link, but the Bovee is a tested way to bluetooth. Theres also an option from Visio as I am sure there will be others but we know the Bovee works and also interfaces giving you album title etc on the PCM which other options may not do. :thumb:

Received Bovee today, all works as suggested, thanks guys.

Do you leave the Bovee plugged in overnight etc? I assume it is not powered but wanted to check it doesn't cause any issues....

DJP997 said:
Phil 997 said:
c4kum said:
Ok, you seem to already have the y cable, the usb cable on the Y cable needs to be plugged into the usb socket, all you then need is a Bovee 1000 30pin device, that's is and stream until your heart is content.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :agree: :thumb: stream bluetooth , theres other ways to do it that will mean pluging the phone in every time for a hard wire link, but the Bovee is a tested way to bluetooth. Theres also an option from Visio as I am sure there will be others but we know the Bovee works and also interfaces giving you album title etc on the PCM which other options may not do. :thumb:

Do you leave the Bovee plugged in overnight etc? I assume it is not powered but wanted to check it doesn't cause any issues....

Can you select playlists / tracks via the PCM screen with this?

davenice said:
James M-S said:
I use a 64GB thumb drive in mine. Just takes a while to read all the tracks.

Does the PCM play all .mp3 files on your thumb drive? When I tried to use a 32Gb FAT formatted drive, I found that roughly half of my tracks got skipped over. Could have something to do with the encoding of the files but I couldn't work out a pattern.

I have no idea to be honest. (Can't remember exactly what is on the drive) My 32GB Drive performs better (in terms of time to load tracks and start playing)

Can you select playlists / tracks via the PCM screen with this?[/quote]

Blimey - if I recall(moved to Android 2 years ago) yes if you use Apple Music.
But android device or Spotify/other provider i don't think so...

Kith said:
DJP997 said:
Phil 997 said:
c4kum said:

Can you select playlists / tracks via the PCM screen with this?

I am using Deezer - and yes i can :thumbs:

i am in the same situation but dont have the 'Y' cable. do i need to order this from Porsche?

to confirm the set up is just the Y connector and then the Bovee??

Yes, y-cable from OPC, it's about £25. (Assuming you have the iPod interface ports in your armrest)

Bovee 1000 about £90 on amazon.

Is there a usb/ycable for non apple products?

Thanks

Is there a part number of specific name for the Porsche audio cable for the 997.2?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back