Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S

I test drove a V6 back in the summer when I was looking for a new daily. I loved the looks (still do) and the noise, and the cabin was very nice too. However, I found the ride incredibly hard and uncomfortable which just completely put me off (it was on 20" wheels). The dealer rang back later to see if I wanted to test drive one on 19's, but by then I'd moved on and decided I wanted a fun manual with rear seats... Not ruling a V6 F-Type out completely though at some point in the future

8)

Update:- I've now driven 2 and had a pax ride in another, the ride I don't think is any worse than my 997, ( Missus, thinks it's far more comfortable ) smoother but don't get the same feedback obviously the steering is loads lighter being 2wd, gear change loads better than Tiptronic, cabin is IMHO definitely way superior to 997. The sounds are epic playing with exhaust and sport mode and down shifting with the auto blipping, all available without breaking 40mph.
Dilemma :- I've had my 997 C4S for 5&1/2 years, just been offered effectively 5K less than I paid from OPC for it against a F-type with my ideal spec and colour combo. Do I snap their hand off??
Be very sad see it go but don't think I'd better that deal?

seems like a good deal, all you've lost is the small profit the OPC made in selling you the car in the first place, assuming it was £5kish.

have you tried the V8 awd? I loved it & was not enamoured with the v6s at all.

Not tried the V8, general view is it's too much, plus extra tax, fuel servicing etc sure the V6 is adequate for me.

stucart said:
Update:- I've now driven 2 and had a pax ride in another, the ride I don't think is any worse than my 997, ( Missus, thinks it's far more comfortable ) smoother but don't get the same feedback obviously the steering is loads lighter being 2wd, gear change loads better than Tiptronic, cabin is IMHO definitely way superior to 997. The sounds are epic playing with exhaust and sport mode and down shifting with the auto blipping, all available without breaking 40mph.

Could be describing my Boxster......

I'm picking the Jag up at the weekend! :D

stucart said:
I'm picking the Jag up at the weekend! :D

Well done, pictures when you can along with the spec.

need pictures!

here's one from the ad..............

Attachments

• 988a892729df4ecdbeccc09ae3842d58_104.jpg
    988a892729df4ecdbeccc09ae3842d58_104.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 5,964
topless:- :eek:

Attachments

• 0f335dbabf804090bc2ce6ab3e1200fc_905.jpg
    0f335dbabf804090bc2ce6ab3e1200fc_905.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 5,961
As for spec it seems as if original purchaser ticked everything, not even sure what, it has got till collect it, but main things are,

V6 S (380bhp) 8 speed ZF Quickshift with Dynamic mode

Premium Leather interior (in RED, naturally) (least Jaguar don't do it like Porsche there's also a lot of black)
Performance brakes in red
Switchable exhaust
20" Alloys
Heated seats /Flat bottomed heated steering wheel/windscreen
Auto lights/wipers/main beam/dipping mirrors/ cruise control / blindspot monitoring? Auto fold mirrors
Upgraded Meridan sound system, phone connectivity/I pod etc.
Key less entry/ stop-start eco mode
Black Pack- rear diffuser /front splitter/ side skirts
Perhaps more but that sounds enough. Makes the 997 look basic
:lol:

Very nice, love those wheels. I'm all over the Jaguar website now, just looking you understand 😀

:D

:D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back