Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

14 Way Vs 18 Way Seats - Long Distance Comfort

Have you had a look at a higher mileage newer car... as at the same price point, say its a £70k car... a newer car with higher mileage Vs an older car with lower mileage... the difference in motorway driving and running at warmed up temperatures is far more mechanically sympathetic than a garage queen thats only occasionally driven for shorter journeys and proportionately colder temps...

The main reason i say that, is the blend of seat tech, design and likelihood of what it will have... I tried lots of the different seats, and found that the £300 sports seats plus were fantastically comfortable... having come from a brand new 6-series that had epic seats, i was slightly concerned as to how it would play out, but having now done 40k miles in the Sports Seats Plus, they are far more comfortable than the BMW multi-magic everything ones. A 991.2 range of seats are very comfortable to drive long distance, the ergonomics are incredible.

Enjoy your search!

tim993: As you say, cars that have originally been specified with 14 or 18 seats tend to feature a higher overall spec and suggest the original buyer didn't stint on the options list - which is good for me :D

Zingari: "And I can confirm you never complained about your Chalfonts once"...

Well that's another vote in favour of the 18's then :lol: :lol:

6appeal: I totally get where you're coming from on the issue of older low mileage Vs newer higher mileage, though of course there's nothing to say that in the case of this example, the owner of the former vehicle didn't do few long distance runs and the owner of the latter vehicle, daily driving at short distances or in an urban environment...

I'm sure we've all seen cars that despite having a high mileage looked factory fresh and had clearly been cherished and others that, despite first appearing to be a low mileage 'garage queen', in reality seemed to have received the minimum amount of care...with infrequent services and an occasional wipe over with a gritty sponge :eek:

The Sports seats Plus do seem much better than the standard seats, certainly more supportive but perhaps because of my back problems, I'm finding that I do need the ability to adjust the lumbar area, which only comes with the 14 or 18 way - that's the thing I guess, the basic design of each seat option improves over the support and range of adjustment offered but as we're all unique there's still no guarantee it will suit 100%.

Hopefully if I can find a car with either 14 or 18 way I'll stand the best chance of being comfortable and not stepping out at the end of the journey looking like Quasimodo :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back