Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Pre Inspection 111 point check - what is it?

Buying from OPC and the 111 point check

Spoke to an OPC today about a C2s which has just come in, it's just had its 111 point check and I've been told it's having 4 new tyres.

It's covered circa 25k miles so I asked about the discs and pads, I was told these were fine so I then asked if they've been changed at any point to which the reply was no?

Surely they would have been in that mileage frame?

Where do you stand with this if they are needed a few months down the line?

Is the 111 point check a bit of a farce?

Thanks

If the brakes are less than 50% worn then its a pass for the 111 point check .. i can only asume they are less .

Brakes will not be needed anytime soon after this check ..

If you want to look for yourself then through the wheel touch the outer part of the disc and feel for a lip .. Porsche specs are 1mm wear each side and they need replaceing .

Outer brake pad can be seen by looking .. something like 6mm of material left would be a pass .. i cant be exact but thats an approximate for you on this model .

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I did think so but I'm a little sceptical from a past experience.

I bought a C4s from OPC Glasgow and had a few niggles in the first month of ownership, took it to my local OPC that said all discs were shot along with rads in bumper!

Thankfully they dealt with it all and everything was replaced (circa £5k if I recall correctly) so I'm sure you can understand my being pessimistic.

I really want a car with warranty to do want to buy OPC but need faith in them again.

5k ! Remember 3k of that will be Porsche tax !

gilford said:
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I did think so but I'm a little sceptical from a past experience.

I bought a C4s from OPC Glasgow and had a few niggles in the first month of ownership, took it to my local OPC that said all discs were shot along with rads in bumper!

Thankfully they dealt with it all and everything was replaced (circa £5k if I recall correctly) so I'm sure you can understand my being pessimistic.

I really want a car with warranty to do want to buy OPC but need faith in them again.

That is pretty shamefull ...

i can only say that i was a lot harder on the 111 point check than this OPC seems to have been .

Brakes are a pretty easy check to pass or fail ... al of us mechs. can see and say if they need replaceing .

I can understand the frustration of you guys with problems like this .. it just shouldnt happen .. the rules are pretty straight forward .

The rules are the same for every OPC .. any car should be the same from any OPC .

111 Test - What do they actually do?

Hi Guys, I'm having a bit of a ding dong with a dealership, and I could do with a little insider knowledge about what they actually test!

On the 111 test, under Drive system/Underbody, item 59 says 'Fuel System'.

I need to know exactly what they test here. I'm guessing its simply that the onboard computer says it's all functioning fine, not that they strip it all down and check?

Please, state in your reply if you know for fact, or just opinion, as I need to go to war later this week, and dont want to look a turnip in the process!

I know theres a few guys on here who are ex OPC, if you know what is checked, let me know!

Thanks in advance!

It's a fact that they don't strip it all down and check it.

It's my opinion that in this area they just check for leaks.

I've just checked the paperwork from my last one and Point 59 Fuel System comes in Section F which states "Drive system/underbody (function and condition - no visible defects, fluid loss, leaks)"

A tick would indicate that nothing untoward was visible. A cross would indicate that there was a leak or that something visible was defective.

NB: The document starts with the explanation:

The 111 Point Check is the technical test report used to assess the pre-owned vehicle. The condition and functionality of the vehicle must be documented in this Check. Please note that only a technically perfect vehicle can be granted a Porsche Approved Warranty.

:yeah:

Visual inspection / fault code read out so theres nothing to stop a problem developing after its been checked ..

That .. if the fault devolped later would be covered under the warrenty .

An X then a tick would indicate there was a fault and it was rectified to pass the 111 check.

Mechanics get 1.5 hours including road test to inspect the vehicle and 1.5 hrs to check / adjust the geo.

Im Ex OPC .

topics merged onto the mega 111 point check thread :thumb:

I did wonder where it went!

Does anyone know how to get any information out of Porsche? I've asked repeatedly for information about various things, and they never reply. When I ask for it in the Service department at OPC, they say they can answer my questions, but they won't send me any paper work. Is this just a protectionism tactic? I still don't know what parts they've repaced on my car despite asking in writing about 5 times!

Disgruntled Joe said:
I still don't know what parts they've repaced on my car despite asking in writing about 5 times!

:?

Are you talking about work they did before you owned it?

If so, then probably the best you can expect is a verbal response. Some may give you a redacted invoice but others may feel that, as the work was commissioned by and paid for, by somebody else they can't give it to you formally.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back