Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Boxster buying (now 2.7 Vs 3.4?)

That GTS does look decent and not over the top in terms of price either...

that is a just really bad luck :x

I appreciate its not what you may want or be able to stretch to, but given the price has dropped a fair bit, would you consider getting a test drive in a Spyder?

tim993 said:
that is a just really bad luck :x

I appreciate its not what you may want or be able to stretch to, but given the price has dropped a fair bit, would you consider getting a test drive in a Spyder?

I'd love one, I saw one for £72k. However this will be my daily so I wouldn't want to put the miles on it. Also I want PDK for a daily.

So I sold the Boxster. I have someone collecting it when I get back from Monaco. Bitter sweet, love that car.

Now I just need to find something to replace it!

Anyone know of a good Boxster S or GTS with PDK?

ragpicker said:
Why did you sell it? Just fancied a change? :dont know:

I want a 981. That's what I wanted three years ago but bought it while I waited for the new Boxster to be announced which was the 781.

ragpicker said:
Fair play. I thought they were stunning when they first came out. Do you remember all the fuss over the cill being slightly out of line on the early cars? Did they sort that out?

I think that was sorted. I never noticed it again.

Both the cars I looked at have sold now at Bolton. Pretty gutted. But neither were perfect although the one with PCCBs was pretty close. I'm pretty pissed at them.

isysman said:
Anyone know of a good Boxster S or GTS with PDK?

I have one sitting on my drive! And I love it!

:floor:

ragpicker said:
Fair play. I thought they were stunning when they first came out. Do you remember all the fuss over the cill being slightly out of line on the early cars? Did they sort that out?

There is a thread on Pistonheads with lots of 718's still having it. Will be interesting to see if post factory shut down cars still have it :dont know:

Ok so I'm still looking to buy a Boxster. After Bolton screwed me out of two cars I'm looking at other options. So the latest question is about size, because you know it matters right.

So I'll be a little more careful about posting photos and details of the cars I'm looking at after last time.

In June I test drove a 2.7 high spec Boxster at a good price. High mileage for the year but a very nice example. At the time of driving it I was surprised at how competent it was and afterwards driving a 3.4 I remember thinking there wasn't as much in it as I would have thought. This was just before I went back to work and the car disappeared off their website. Well it's appeared at another dealer at a slightly raised price. However it's back in the mix. This car has almost every option I have on my list similar to a GTS; except extended leather, it has everything.

There are also two 3.4 Boxsters which are slightly older and have many of the things I want except sports exhaust and one doesn't have the sport plus seats with larger shoulder bolsters ( a few other smaller things missing as well. They are also a few years older than the 2.7.

I'm tempted to get the newer 2.7 but I think I'd get engine envy after a while. However if I get the 3.4 I'll have to spend money on either to get them to where I want to be.

Anyone had the same dilemma? What was your decision? Or what do the rest of you think?

ragpicker said:
My 2p? Sometimes there's no replacement for displacement.

Engine envy, its a terrible thing... :nooo:

Yes, this is what I'm worried about. Going to view one of the 3.4 cars tomorrow.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back